Whats your favorite hunting store

Gander Mountain then Bass Pro Shop no Cabela's anywhere close and to impatient to order stuff on-line

cabela's is okay, its 2 hours from me to that store. I like any store that has a whole floor of hunting stuff. i hate places like Runnings Farm & Fleet where its limited.

DakotaMart in Pierre, the gun shop in Fort Pierre are the ones i shop at since they are a whole store or basement of the food store is full of outdoor stuff.

But between the Dakota Mart and the gun shop.. there is a huge price difference!

Glock 22 handgun at fort pierre gun shot is 575.00
Glock 22 handgun at Dakota mart is 499.00 shells are slightly difference

Recon,

I understand the whole impatient thing. I ordered one sweatshirt and it took almost 4 weeks. I prefer bass pro since it's the closest and verizon gives me free giftcards to it.

I like Cabelas, my stuff usually is here in 2 or3 days and it is only 2 1/2 hr. drive. Sportsman's finally got there act together and there shelves are full again, but they are not knowledgeable at all. I will ask questions that anyone should know and I can not get the right answer or I do not know. For shooting stuff I like MidwayUSA. I order something at 6:00 p.m. and they e-mail me at 9:00 p.m. and tell me it just went out. That is service there!!:thumbsup:

I am kind of stuck out here all we have is Cabelas. Basspro and the others are not around here yet........Bob

I don't have a favorite anymore. It used to be Cabelas, but the prices don't seem as good as they were years ago and I've had a few problems. First they wouldn't help warranty a bow I purchased there through the manufacturer. The company kept telling me to mail it back via the dealer, but Cabela's wanted no part in helping. They also sold me $120 worth of arrows and made an absolutely gluey mess putting the inserts in, but I didn't check until I got home 2 hours worth of driving later and they wouldn't do anything since the shafts had been custom cut and assembled for me. :rolleyes:

Gander Mountain is alright, except for shells - those are typically expensive as hell through that store for some reason.

I have to go with Cabelas also. We have them and a BPS with in about an hour and it just seems like Cabela's has more options.

I also enjoy poking around old local shops but those are becoming less and less it sure seems.

Matt D

Mills Fleet, affordable store, with many of the same necessity's, but cheaper.

I do not get there very often put when I do the first thing I get is a 5 gallon bucket. That way I can catch all my drool as I wander around the store. What a brilliant idea, combine sporting goods, army surplus and a farm store all in one.

i have two

i like cabelas for upland clothing and shells lots o choices and the best choices for shells as far as fishing nothing beats bass pro for big time tournament fishing

I can't believe that no one has brought up the ultimate store. My favorite store is the World Wide Web......I order alot of stuff online and have been very happy so far. I also order alot of my fishing supplies from a few online stores as well, if I buy local it's BPS or Rogers Sproting Goods.

I can't believe that no one has brought up the ultimate store. My favorite store is the World Wide Web......I order alot of stuff online and have been very happy so far. I also order alot of my fishing supplies from a few online stores as well, if I buy local it's BPS or Rogers Sproting Goods.

Until someone uses your credit card number.

I've had this often, I quit buying online.

Identity Theft is america's #1 rapidly growing crime.

I buy a lot of stuff at Fleet Farm but their stocking practices and variety leave a lot to be desired. Get a sale flyer, go to the store, it's not uncommon for them to now have many if any of that item!

I'd probably say Scheels, Joes Sporting Goods or Reeds, with Reeds probably my favorite. I liked sportsman's warehouse back when they were in business.

Back