What State

It's "Big Sky" for me. Right smack in the middle, Lewistown area.
Mountain views, sage hills, badlands and seemingly endless native grasslands.
Easy drive to all of the lower 48 big game species.
Easy drive to 5 different grouse species.
Great hunting for the invasive species like Gray Partridge and Pheasants.:)
Giant Fort Peck Lake is a short drive.:cool: [talk about fishing]:eek:
More waterfowl then people to hunt them.:cheers:

like my other kansas buddies on here I would have to take our great state of kansas becouse if you look hard enough you can find everything you need right here:cheers:

Lets think of that happy place so we can all get along:D If deer and mules tasted really good why do people try to give it away. Never seen anyone give away big tasty steer. Not saying deer and mules taste bad. But if they tasted better ranchers and farmers would be raising the s@#@ out of them:)

For tasty venison don't go macho- shoot the fawns. Even their round steaks are so tender you can cut them with a fork. Beef is much stronger tasting to me than a doe fawn. Lewistown, MT sounds like the place. Happy hunting.

Got bored, found this thread had to rehash it. I may get hassled but bear with me.

California

Upland birds- turkeys (rios, merriams) pheasants, doves, quail (ca, mtn, gambels), chuckar, huns, grouse (ruffs, bues, sage), ban tailed pidgeon, and ptarmigan.

Waterfowl- more than you could imagine. (I don't hunt them)

Fish- large& small mouth, salmon, perch, crappies, cats, trout, stripers, white bass, wipers. (world record class bass)

Big game- deer (black tails & mulies), elk (roosevelt, rocky mountain, tule), bears, antelope, big horn sheep, rocky mnt goats, mnt lion.

Varmints- coyotes, bob cats, coons, wolverines, badgers, fishers, marmots.

I know I forgot some but you get the idea. Plus beaches, valleys, mountains, and deserts.

Did I mention I'm kicking everyone out and you're all invited to hunt with me?
uuum can i change my mind heck with walking your you know what off put me on the beach chasing swim suits cali here i come who wants some 3 mile ranging dogs and overpriced shotguns?

I would tend to agree why runn your but off after a bunch of birds when you can casually observe all the swimsuits hello not a hard choice but I would have to eat every once in awhile so good thing there is hunting just hope one or 12 of those beach bunnies can cook it after I kill it

I would tend to agree why runn your but off after a bunch of birds when you can casually observe all the swimsuits hello not a hard choice but I would have to eat every once in awhile so good thing there is hunting just hope one or 12 of those beach bunnies can cook it after I kill it
lets just eat out i hate eating those birds anyway gove we go hunting you get them all

[ just hope one or 12 of those beach bunnies can cook it after I kill it[/QUOTE]

I will cook!!!!!!! But if you can find one of those Bunnies to clean the birds, I will be in Heaven!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Converts, I like it. I don't know about the beach bunnies, but we could find a couple nice bird cleaners in the hills I bet.

Alright any willing converts get there first 10,000 acres free and extra will cost 1 beer per 1,000 acres after that.

I'll stick around the old state of Texas...I've never had any problems limiting on pheasants; quail can still be found (getting harder); deer everywhere; prairie chickens at my buddies ranch in Alpine; ducks and geese all over the place; dove is decent. Now I'm going to stray a little from "hunting" my state. I can also load the boat and hit many 'big bass' lakes and then hit the gulf for big time fishing.

Converts, I like it. I don't know about the beach bunnies, but we could find a couple nice bird cleaners in the hills I bet.

Alright any willing converts get there first 10,000 acres free and extra will cost 1 beer per 1,000 acres after that.
ya but do the cleaners have teeth?im partial to blondes lol theres only a few things i like more than redneck bird hunting and thats chasing skirts wheeew wee it would be hard to get me to leave the beach even if the dog was locked up lol

If you look long and hard you'll find a pretty blonde one that has all her teeth and will clean birds. The ones on the beach look good but you probably won't get much work from them. The chase will be fun though.

isnt the chase part of what takes us to hunting anyway so really it wouldnt be much different from feathers to skirt its all in the chase

I don't think a wide ranging pointers will work on this hunt. We need some highly trained hounds for the job.

would those be tracking or sight hounds and would they be required to bay them up or just hold them

Definitely scent hounds, probably treeing walkers. You never know what a sight hounds preferences will be, but I guess the same could be said for the trackers also!

no walker dogs they are ugly they gotta be either bluetick or black and tan maybe an old experienced kir dog would fit into the pack

I agree walkers aren't the best looking dogs. Maybe a treeing feist I hear you can train them on anything. Trigg hounds are great cougar dogs. We'll have to make a good pack.

Back