What is the best pair of boots you ever owned for hunting pheasants?

I agree with the “Made in the USA” but don’t forget the Danner boots made here, they are some of the best in my opinion.

Anyone have experience with USA Thorogood's ? Bonus is one of their stores is nearby. I would never buy a pair of these things via mail w/o trying them on. Danner is importing of late also....
I agree with the “Made in the USA” but don’t forget the Danner boots made here, they are some of the best in my opinion.

Anyone have experience with USA Thorogood's ? Bonus is one of their stores is nearby. I would never buy a pair of these things via mail w/o trying them on. Danner is importing of late also....
Not in their hunting boots, but I live in their moc toe soft sole work boots for the last 6 years and have converted several millwrights that work for me to them as well. I wear them almost daily and are my standard “going to town” boot as well. I often wear them as a “dry condition” hunting boot. Love them.

The only reason I haven’t bought Thorogood hunting boots is I’ve picked up some used USA Danner’s and Crispi Guides, both worn once and didn’t fit for less than half price and wife bought me a pair of Russell Mocasins, so I’m not lacking in good hunting boots.

I have two top boots that I've had for several years. Lighter weight, when weather not too bad Crispi.( Scheels Crispi )
The rest of year even when 27 below, Kenetrek's are number 1. Word of caution, if Kenetrek's are not right for
your foot do not get them. They have to be the correct boot for your foot.

I have long narrow feet...size 14B.
I like Crispi Colorado....waterproof, stiff and I wear them about 300 days per year,
big game hunting, backpacking, bird hunting, daily hikes, etc.

Crispi Thor gtx
I like them for summer backpacking as they are super light, stiff and cool.
They have 2 design flaws I do not like.
1) The gortex in the boot only goes up about 2 inches, so crossing streams, the boot floods
and I'm stepping with 2 inches of water in the bottom of the boot.
A better design would be a full gortex bootie or no gortex at all.

2) The cloth eyelet is a design flaw, especially when used on steep side slopes of the mountains.
A metal eyelet would be a better design.
Crispi_Thor_Boots.jpg

I like them for summer backpacking as they are super light, stiff and cool.
They have 2 design flaws I do not like.
1) The gortex in the boot only goes up about 2 inches, so crossing streams, the boot floods
and I'm stepping with 2 inches of water in the bottom of the boot.
A better design would be a full gortex bootie or no gortex at all.

2) The cloth eyelet is a design flaw, especially when used on steep side slopes of the mountains.
A metal eyelet would be a better design.
View attachment 3766
I’ve had 2 pair of these and love them… good combination of ankle support and light weight. May not be great in brutal cold temps.

I thought BOA has a lifetime warranty? I think you have to go to BOA not the boot manufacturer
BOA will send a repair kit but I couldn’t fix it so Bean replaced the boots under their lifetime guarantee
They have revised their current guarantee to 90 days

I'm super excited because whereas Irish Setter discontinued the Elk Tracker 885 (400g), a friend guided me to the last pair in the world in my size to buy as a reserve pair!! If anyone's interested, https://www.waynesbootshop.com/collections/mens-hiking-boots/products/400-gram still has a couple sizes available, as well as a few in other Elk Tracker models with different insulation weights. They're the most comfortable boot I've ever worn & so far, quite durable.
20220910_141330.jpg

Discontinued, crap. these are very good. Maybe mine are a different model as they are all leather. Are yours tight? I had mine stretched and are still tight. P.S. I took out the flap on the string. It looked like it was inviting something to get wedged underneath it.

Discontinued, crap. these are very good. Maybe mine are a different model as they are all leather. Are yours tight? I had mine stretched and are still tight. P.S. I took out the flap on the string. It looked like it was inviting something to get wedged underneath it.
They still make a couple all leather Elk Tracker models that are NOT discontinued. But no, not tight. Mine fit.

When I was in my prime, I couldn't get a season from a pair of boots. I finally broke down and bought a pair of Rocky corn stalkers. I think about 80.00. Alot of bread for a kid who wouldn't work during bird season! Those things were phenomenal! I wore quarter size holes in them and didn't leak. I bragged so much on them that my brother bought a pair. They leaked within a week. I bought another pair and they also leaked. Found out later they switched production to another country. I still like the outbacks.

I just bought a pair of the Irish Setter Wing Shooter 7 inch boots. Put mink oil on them a couple of nights ago but haven't wore them yet. They seem really comfortable and not too heavy. I wanted a shorter boot with less of the speed hooks. I hate having 5 or 6 rows of those things. Can't bend over far enough to see what the hell I am running my shoe laces through. I end up going around the same hook twice.

Back