What hunts are you planning for the upcoming season

Dakotazeb

Zeb,

Whenever I see guys hunting Chukars I cringe! Lots of uphill and sidehill walking for those crazy birds. You better not wait to long, I don't think that is a old man's sport. Bets of luck this fall.
Not sure I'm going to make it to Idaho or not. Also not 100% sure about the Chukars although the guy I'm going with says he has some areas to hunt that aren't too tough. I think it's either get there this year or forget it at my age.

goldenboy

Not sure I'm going to make it to Idaho or not. Also not 100% sure about the Chukars although the guy I'm going with says he has some areas to hunt that aren't too tough. I think it's either get there this year or forget it at my age.
I know those guys from the mountains. They say it "isn't to tough," or "it's fairly flat," ... I am a flat-lander that is, shall we say, portly! Any climbing in altitude really gets my heart pumping. My last hunt in altitude was an elk hunt where the horses pretty much carried me where I needed to go!

Good luck if you go. I would love to hear about it after your trip.

BritChaser

Hunt the opener with four others in NW. Always great to get together with a guy from Houston, one from Salt Lake City, another from Denver along with my regular huntin' buddy, a local. Hunt Thanksgiving weekend for sure. Probably hunt three of four more times after that. It all happens at the happy hunting grounds. Sometimes hunt the NE opener for an early start.