What are you doing to get ready for the upcoming season?

Spending a lot of time on the boat/lake. Doing some daily retrieving work with the dog. Not much in the way of significant conditioning since it is too damn hot here in NW Arkansas. The dog absolutely HATES the heat. He gets some good work swimming in the lake and off the boat.Starboard view.jpg

Walking everyday, buying some ammo, got my young Vizsla with a trainer right now and practicing w/ my duck calls.

Ole_270, Even after 6 years of doing it I swear if sometimes feels like there is no air up there.

Birdman, a couple of more feet won't make that much of a difference in maneuverability but will in comfort.

I’ve been mounting my gun 10 times a day for about a month now . Figure I’ll have about a thousand reps in by the time hunting season rolls around.
Breaking in new pack and boots.
Been trying to extend one of my dogs marking with a dummy launcher.
They’ll start swimming more and I walking more when it stops raining and the river cleans up a little bit.

Last edited:
I'm 79. Kids gave me a Whirlybird for fathers day 'cause the dog told them my shooting is not what he expects :) I train the dog regularly with Pheasant wings and frozen whole birds. I live 45 minutes from 10,000 feet and we go up there regularly to hike and keep our lungs working.

Birdman, I wish the Nash was just a little bit bigger but it serves us well. It'll be interesting to see how it all works on a long hunting trip.
79 and still chasing Roosters. Good on you....

Spending a lot of time on the boat/lake. Doing some daily retrieving work with the dog. Not much in the way of significant conditioning since it is too damn hot here in NW Arkansas. The dog absolutely HATES the heat. He gets some good work swimming in the lake and off the boat.View attachment 5758
LC, Wow what a nice boat.

Ole_270, Even after 6 years of doing it I swear if sometimes feels like there is no air up there.

Birdman, a couple of more feet won't make that much of a difference in maneuverability but will in comfort.
I bought a 19 foot trailer and it’s not quite enough… bed and kitchen are fine but the couch setup is awful. When the weather is good I’m outside anyway but there is no place to comfortably pass time while awake indoors. I wish I had gone about 24 ft to a layout with a functional living space.

I bought a 19 foot trailer and it’s not quite enough… bed and kitchen are fine but the couch setup is awful. When the weather is good I’m outside anyway but there is no place to comfortably pass time while awake indoors. I wish I had gone about 24 ft to a layout with a functional living space.
What Brand?

I bought new jumper cables and a new Clore jump starter to keep in the truck.

Attachments

• 1688864242910.png
    1688864242910.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 1
I bought new jumper cables and a new Clore jump starter to keep in the truck.
I purchased a jump starter last year as well. Seems like a dead battery only happens at the worst time and miles from anyone.

Purchased a new pair of boots and put about 12 hours in them for a break-in. I have loaded my shells for the coming season. I saw my shotgun in the vault, will likely not shoot that until the opening day again. After pheasant hunting for closing-in on 5 decades, it just happens. We have enough birds now that stamina/cardio just isn't an issue when you are done before noon on most days.

We have enough birds now that stamina/cardio just isn't an issue when you are done before noon on most days.

wow. i'd love to know merely what state that is, never mind the counties.

Back