Wettest summer on record in many parts

landman

of the country including SD. It will be interesting to see how our pheasants have faired when we see the August brood counts. I hope the wet weather is better for them than a dry summer. I can't remember a year when on August 2 we hope that we don't get rain, usually its as dry as a bone. And yet, I just looked at the map and here comes some more rain this afternoon after receiveing two inches already this morning.

Here is a question though. Just this morning I heard some guys talking about building an Ark in case the rain doesn't let up. If you could kick one critter pair off the Ark, which one would it be?

I would kick off the pocket gopher.

It is only the second wettest in history for us. That is still a lot of freaking rain.

I think my animal would be the Porcupine. My dogs have never tangled with one but they have come close several times.............Bob

I think my animal would be the Porcupine. My dogs have never tangled with one but they have come close several times.............Bob

Hey Bob if you see a porcupine you might want to take it out there is a major market for porcupine quills, the Native Americans will pay some big money for them.

My favorite animal to kick off SEAGULLS

The duck hunter in me loves all this rain. The pheasant hunter has some reservations. Now if I was going to kick anything out it would be the mosquito.

Hey Bob if you see a porcupine you might want to take it out there is a major market for porcupine quills, the Native Americans will pay some big money for them.

I need to find out how to sell those quills. I have just purchased a piece of land that is loaded with porkies.

Back