WD-40 and Guns

some times it Never end, You can't educate people , that can't learn. It's there call , so what ever. GO AHEAD USE WD_ 40. there not guns.:thumbsup:

well lets say this.. who do use WD-40 can go ahead and keep using it... who uses REM OIL keep using that... I use Hoppes and never had problems so im going to keep using that. our freedom is freedom to choose. im not going stop anyone. i just hope no one gets hurt. you guys are like family so i wouldnt want a family member injuired.

well lets say this.. who do use WD-40 can go ahead and keep using it... who uses REM OIL keep using that... I use Hoppes and never had problems so im going to keep using that. our freedom is freedom to choose. im not going stop anyone. i just hope no one gets hurt. you guys are like family so i wouldnt want a family member injuired.

bm , your point is dead on, I was not agueing, use what what you brought. :thumbsup: It's your gun.:cheers:

I believe the problem with wd-40 is that it contains an amount of propane....we had a problem with maintenance mechanics using it here as it makes everything rust in time. It is no longer allowed on site for that reason. It's penetrating properties can cause some serious pitting.

You are correct. Waiting for the right answer. Over time WD 40 will cause corrosion.:thumbsup::10sign::cheers: Give that man a cigar

Sorry about that.

Folks sure are friendly to newbies on this thread.

of course!! and guess what?!? you made my 1000th post...

of course we're friendly... even if you bring up a 10 year old thread... which isnt true but you know what i mean... ;)

drink a beer if youre at legal of age.

:beer:

of course!! and guess what?!? you made my 1000th post...

of course we're friendly... even if you bring up a 10 year old thread... which isnt true but you know what i mean... ;)

drink a beer if youre at legal of age.

:beer:

Funny you should suggest that. Red Tail Ale in hand. Cheers!

I am hitting the carbs in preparation for a pheasant hunt this week. Red Tail Ale a key part of my mental and physical preparation- and supports a local brewery.

Hear that:cheers:

I am hitting the carbs in preparation for a pheasant hunt this week. Red Tail Ale a key part of my mental and physical preparation- and supports a local brewery.

BM, Red Tail Ale is a microbrew made, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, in Minnesota, but possibly South Dakota. It is supposedly a pretty good beer. I had a catalog to order some, but lost it during the school year. I think someone spilled some busch light on it. :):cheers: And as far as gun cleaning goes, I've used CLP and G96.

BM, Red Tail Ale is a microbrew made, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, in Minnesota, but possibly South Dakota. It is supposedly a pretty good beer. I had a catalog to order some, but lost it during the school year. I think someone spilled some busch light on it. :):cheers: And as far as gun cleaning goes, I've used CLP and G96.

It's brewed in California and New York. It's available all over the U.S.
http://www.mendobrew.com/company/distribution.html

Remoil with inhibitor in it is my choice of protection and lube

Last edited:
Thanks onpoint. Was there a Rooster Ale or something at pheasant fest that was brewed in either South Dakota or Minnesota last year? Too many different kinds of beer. Or possibly trying to try as many of these different kinds in one day as possible. :D

Yep VZ Rooster Lager. I have a 12 pack of it in my fridge waiting for holiday company to break it open.

They also brew a beer called Walleye Chop

http://www.beerforwildlife.com/

Back