Walleyes

pheasantaddict

I'm ready for the ice to be gone and get after some walleyes. As much as one can in SW Iowa. Anybody else ready for fishing? I know MattD will be putting the hurt to them eyes.

Man, I can do the ice fishing thing. Love walleye!! Can't fish open water though. Snag here, snag there, broken rod, rat nest, bird nest, leaky boat.........it goes on and on:eek: I've just about gave it up all together:D

I've replaced spring fishing with the turkey season and seem to like that better:)

Good luck on those spring wallies:thumbsup: --1pheas4

I tell ya what boys, well men on this forum. I need to take a couple of ya walleye fishing when they run here. It is sweet. But you have to come when I call. With late ice out it could be good this year. Some years I have actually done a fish a cast, not kidding. Rapala from shore, no boat.:thumbsup: You must be blind folded until we reach our destination, and again after a few Coors, and we are a safe distance away from secret location.

OK you may get a few of these too.If timing is on. Depends on the year. Neoprene's, clown,vampire,blood minnows,perch,silver,crawdad color original floaters a bucket and a lawn chair.

P5230097.jpg

Sound like we need a UPH fishing gathering. I nominate Ken to tell us when and where to meet. PA you can pick me up on the way up.

I go to devils lake to get my fish. I'm worn out from a week of fishing up there. Like to go to the great lakes someday too. Had friends from my service days and their fishing pics were unbelievable.

I'm ready for the ice to be gone and get after some walleyes. As much as one can in SW Iowa. Anybody else ready for fishing? I know MattD will be putting the hurt to them eyes.

We do lake erie and get some nice smallmouth to boot:cheers::thumbsup:

Alright Ken, we're talking walleye and you show a picture of a Northern. Them Northern's are real good pickled. It has been along time since I have had some. Walleye are my favorite fish to eat. Walleye, some fries, sliced fresh Tomato and a cold beer. It doesn't much better than that........Bob

eye.gif

LOL yeah thats a Muskie. And they will swarm in and snag your rapala at night while fishing eyes. No we are walleye fishing. These are just a problem from time to time.It takes a while to get them in on 6-8 lb test.

I am ready for sure. Spent the last 2 days rigging my tournament partners boat. I must admit I have been sneaking down to TN this winter and catching saugers. Been fun and the water is almost always open. Even with that i am ready for the big Erie gals.

Anyone coming to Erie let me know and I will let you know what is going on at that time and try to point you in the right direction.

Best of luck to everyone.

Matt D

I may live at the coldest spot on Earth.:eek:
But I have a couple hundred close by lakes to fish.:cool:
Just a couple for the pan.:cheers:
p10100142-2.jpg

We do lake erie and get some nice smallmouth to boot:cheers::thumbsup:

I have been dreamin of fishing erie for smallies !:thumbsup:
As far as eye's go fish the sippi pool 2 has some giants go south and fish pools 3&4 and get into big one's and #'s no secret it can be a zoo in the spring but hard to beat!
FC said it go to the big pond AKA mille lacs i have caught more 5+ pound smallmouth there just toads next state record smallie will be from the pond!

I have been dreamin of fishing erie for smallies !:thumbsup:
As far as eye's go fish the sippi pool 2 has some giants go south and fish pools 3&4 and get into big one's and #'s no secret it can be a zoo in the spring but hard to beat!
FC said it go to the big pond AKA mille lacs i have caught more 5+ pound small mouth there just toads next state record smallie will be from the pond!

Nope, 10 mile lake by me, ottertail co. thats the best there is on the planet for smallies I ain't kidding. Nothing will compare.

Some of our top smallmouth fisheries have been over run by spots in years past.:( The world record spot came from Pine Flat lake about 45mins southeast of me. 20 years ago you would have been hard pressed to catch a spot there.

On a side note do any of you guys fish for white bass? They should be running in the narrows around here soon, great fun and good eating to boot.

Back