Walleyes

Yep, I see the difference, Ken. Hard to tell from a picture when your not seeing them all the time. Muskie are rare out here.........Bob

Last edited:
FCS, I'll be there if you can catch a walleye even every 20 casts. I'm used to one about every 200 casts. Night fishing is fun. MD, I can pick you up.

This is my best one. Caught right behind my house 3/4 of a mile. Wish we had numbers like you guys!!!!:cheers:

chadpic020.jpg

I am ready for sure. Spent the last 2 days rigging my tournament partners boat. I must admit I have been sneaking down to TN this winter and catching saugers. Been fun and the water is almost always open. Even with that i am ready for the big Erie gals.

Anyone coming to Erie let me know and I will let you know what is going on at that time and try to point you in the right direction.

Best of luck to everyone.

Matt D

Matt, A vendor invited me on a walleye trip on Erie out of Port Clinton, OH in June. I've never been on Erie or walleye fishing so it sounds like I'm in for a treat. Where on Erie do you fish out of?

How big is that?

I am not a small person as some on here can attest too!!!! So when I take pictures, everything looks smaller except this guy. 31 1/2 inches @ 11 1/2 lbs July 8th. I try to catch walleye all the time ,but I am not real good. I blind mouse finds a piece of cheese every once in awhile!!!!! I want to take a trip up north and try my hand. You guys see this size a lot I bet. Kind of a Real good one here!!:cheers:

Wan-ta-cry, The Columbia River boundary water Oregon/Washington had a big walleye fishery. 10 pounders were common. My wife caught a 16 pounder. We had one day 5 fish-64 pounds. If you don't believe me ask Gary Roach and Randy Amenrude. They both came out here several times to get some of those big fish. It got destroyed, by the Indian gill nets. They and the powers to be felt those big walleye were eating to many Salmon smolt. Stupid people people in high places.......Bob

FCS, I'll be there if you can catch a walleye even every 20 casts. I'm used to one about every 200 casts. Night fishing is fun. MD, I can pick you up.

You tell me when and we are on the road. Maybe we could pry Niceshot away.

Matt, A vendor invited me on a walleye trip on Erie out of Port Clinton, OH in June. I've never been on Erie or walleye fishing so it sounds like I'm in for a treat. Where on Erie do you fish out of?

Port Clinton in June is a numbers game for sure. Should have easy pickens for a nice limit of fish as long as the weather cooperates. You will not see a lot of big fish that time of the year in that location. Although there are always a few big ones still hanging around most have already migrated east to the deeper water. You should have fun for sure. Do you know if you will be drifting and casting weapons or trolling? Let us know how you do.

I fish from Michigan waters all the way to NY waters on any given year. Love the POrt Clinton/Island area early in the year but if we get a hot summer it can get really tough there in July and August and the deep water from Geneva OH to Dunkirk NY is the place to be then.

Matt D

I am not a small person as some on here can attest too!!!! So when I take pictures, everything looks smaller except this guy. 31 1/2 inches @ 11 1/2 lbs July 8th. I try to catch walleye all the time ,but I am not real good. I blind mouse finds a piece of cheese every once in awhile!!!!! I want to take a trip up north and try my hand. You guys see this size a lot I bet. Kind of a Real good one here!!:cheers:

Bleu - That is a real good one anywhere you go. Good job!

Matt D

That is an adverage year. Sounds close. Just some times it makes you laugh all night. You just time the run perfect. All depends on mother nature and her weather.

Where is 10 mile lake located? Is that Walker, MN?

From what I found, the main fish taken are Walleye and Northern out of 10 mile lake.

If you want 5+lb smallies for fun you gotta go try 10 mile lk. catch and release only. man what a blast. one after another in the spring. fun for a day. big suckers.

I want to know where this 10 mile lake is also! you know we do have over 10,000 lakes and im just going to say we have a couple 10 mile lakes !

Plus GPS cords to your spot and what bait you use :laugh:

Where is 10 mile lake located? Is that Walker, MN?

From what I found, the main fish taken are Walleye and Northern out of 10 mile lake.

There is a famous 10 mile lake up in the Walker area, more down towards Hackensack. Dang good lake.

Back