Vet visit

you gave him a great life. still are. when the time comes, after you've said goodbye, remember there's a dog or pup out there who you could give a great life to

you gave him a great life. still are. when the time comes, after you've said goodbye, remember there's a dog or pup out there who you could give a great life to
Have a up and coming 3 yr yellow male and a 12yr blf(another heartbreak coming). Funny how they seem to know something Is wrong

Some vets will come to your home now. My old girl has always hated going to the Vet. She shakes and hides the whole time we go there for check up, shots etc., When its her time, I've already decided that she isn't going to the vets. She hates it and I don't want her last moments afraid, so I am going to pay the vet to come to our home.

Some vets will come to your home now. My old girl has always hated going to the Vet. She shakes and hides the whole time we go there for check up, shots etc., When its her time, I've already decided that she isn't going to the vets. She hates it and I don't want her last moments afraid, so I am going to pay the vet to come to our home.
My old guy loves the trip to the vet
Loves the truck ride, pees on the post by the front door, visits the cat in the corner, stops by the front desk to say hi to the girls, drools while staring at the cookie jar all the time wagging his tail. Hopefully he will still enjoy the last ride

Dogs are the only reason I take to the field each year and time moves so fast. Lace up the boots this fall and enjoy every moment, your pup will be out front blessing your hunt!

My old guy loves the trip to the vet
Loves the truck ride, pees on the post by the front door, visits the cat in the corner, stops by the front desk to say hi to the girls, drools while staring at the cookie jar all the time wagging his tail. Hopefully he will still enjoy the last ride
I had an old Lab that loved going to the vet too. My old Vizsla...not at all. Never has. Hopefully, that day is a long way off for both of us.

Last edited:
I always think of a line from Garth Brooks and The Dance: "I could have missed the pain, But I'd have had to miss the dance". Prayers are with you brother.

Our vet will come out too for no trip charge in that situation. Our last one we lost had just finished a big steak and a beer and was laying in the yard in the sun on a blanket when vet showed up. Best we could do for the ole girl but always a crappy crappy day.

I went through that with my 13 year old lab three months ago. It still hurts when I see pictures on my phone. Occasionally I will still mess up and call my puppy by his name. Always tough.

News from the Vet today was what I already knew in my heart. 12+ black lab has weeks not months left in his life. Tough to hear even tho I knew the prognosis. Will keep him comfortable with meds and a BigMac daily until it is time for his final trip in the truck
So sorry to hear this, a little over a month ago our male was diagnosed with cancer in his spleen and like your labs diagnosis a couple of weeks were given as a time line. 4 or 5 days after he was so weak he wouldn't eat and could barely wag his tail (which was usually thumping) we made the decision to end his suffering. Not an easy task but a necessary one. My youngest son stayed in the room till the end, I couldn't.
Another member on here told me after I let him know Lou was no longer with us that out of all the pups in his litter he was lucky that we picked him and we gave him the best life a lab could want. And another member said Just think back and remember all of the good times you had with him. Take care C16. Kevin.

Back