Vet visit

News from the Vet today was what I already knew in my heart. 12+ black lab has weeks not months left in his life. Tough to hear even tho I knew the prognosis. Will keep him comfortable with meds and a BigMac daily until it is time for his final trip in the truck
News from the Vet today was what I already knew in my heart. 12+ black lab has weeks not months left in his life. Tough to hear even tho I knew the prognosis. Will keep him comfortable with meds and a BigMac daily until it is time for his final trip in the truck
Made the final trip to the vet today with my blm
to send him off to the happy hunting grounds. Gave us tons of enjoyment the 12+ years we had him. He is in a better place now and will see him again on the flip side at some point
God bless the staff at the vet for making the process bearable

Sorry to hear. It doesn't get easier from one to the next, & then we go start it all over again. I guess because we need them, not just for the amazing stuff they do, but to fill some weird void we'd have otherwise. As you say, he's up there waiting. And for the time being I think they've got fields full of roosters & shooters that never miss. Us missers will join them soon enough. Take care.

You did the humane thing, wrenching though it was.

Look there! There's the future! It holds a pup or a dog that needs a good life like you can provide.

It's the worst. It is losing a family member. There are no words. Like most of us, I've been there way too many times.

I still can't look at the pics of the pup I recently lost at 9 months. She was very special. In time, I'll be able to do that.

I do feel for you.

This may help with your closure. At age 62 I have buried more dogs than I care to think about. Presently have 3 setters in the house with me. At my age, the last dogs I will have.

Your loss of your beloved dog will ease in time, however the memories will always be there with a tear in your eye.

Best wishes,
Richard

Attachments

• 20220903_161135.jpg
    20220903_161135.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 27
This may help with your closure. At age 62 I have buried more dogs than I care to think about. Presently have 3 setters in the house with me. At my age, the last dogs I will have.

Your loss of your beloved dog will ease in time, however the memories will always be there with a tear in your eye.

Best wishes,
Richar

Best wishes,
Richard
After reading The Dogs Plea I feel much better about my decision-
Thank you everyone for your compassion in this difficult time

We make the decision to relieve the pain out of love and respect. The best we can ask our Lord is to take us while we are asleep. Only another dog can help ease the pain. God bless.

Back