UPH Fantacy Football

mnmthunting

Banned
Anybody interested?

I'm in........

I have heard about but never really understood how it is played. Could you post some "how to do it" for guys like me.........Bob

How about fantasy pheasant hunts? We can bet on who is going to come back with the most birds each w/e (JK).

I have only heard a few things about fantasy football so I'm with Bob on this....can you provide some details/rules/format for us?

I will give it a go but I know nothing about it. My son plays it. I always wanted to get into it, Sounds like a lot of fun once you get it down pat.

From what I understand once you pick your team from the draft. You only have to pick your starters and position each week. Am I close?

I'm in...here is how it works Bob; you pay money, we pick your team, you lose, we drink cool ones compliments of you...:D. Not really, it will be fun.

I'm game!! I always willing to try something new and Football is my favorite sport. Just tell me what not to do......Bob

Not for me but have fun. On second thought I think I would rather drink a warm glass of heifer urine than play fantasy football. :eek:

By the way how do you all have time to keep track of the stats. Shouldn't you all be pheasant hunting during that time of year.

Last edited:
sorry i'm out the only sport for me has to do with guns , dogs ,and cold weather but thanks for the offer and idea

That fantasy pheasant hunting is what I do all the time!!!!!!

I was invited to join a league last year my first experience.
ESPN has a free site.
Once the members are determined ESPN will set a time for a draft.
You can draft your players or ESPN will give you a player in order of their projected seasons performance.
You get 1 starting QB, 2 Running Backs, 2 Wide Receivers, 1 Tight End and a Place Kicker. Then 1 Defense.
You get the same for a bench.
The players are yours for the season.
You can trade players or go to free agency. Say one of your guys isn't doing so hot or injury.
It is all based how each player performs each game regular season. There is also playoffs.
You set your team by game time of the weeks first Game. Say the first game is on Thursday, it's locked at kickoff.

It's fun and challenging. You have a user name and a password only members get access. Once your logged in you get access to ESPN's up to date information on every player in the NFL. Cool stuff if you enjoy pro football.

For sure does not interfere with my Fall hunting adventures.:) You can set your starters right after Monday Night Football up to kick off of the first game of the week and your all set for the week. ESPN does the rest.

I don't stop a hunt to watch football:eek:

It would be :cool: to have about 8 teams.

MNM, from reading your "how to do it" post. You can set your team for the week from your starters and your bench? Do we all sign up on ESPN?..........Bob

Bob:

You are correct. You can change them right up until game time.

The best way to set up a league is to have one person go to ESPN and set up the league and then come back here to put the league name on the board and send passwords out to whoever is interested.

I think it's a great idea.

Good idea Ryan how. Would that work? In the dark I'm very interested.....Bob

Thank you Ryan, I'll be standing by...............Bob

Back