UPH Fantacy Football

All you guys need to play! You don't have to keep track of the stats or anything,

You draft all your players (like said before if you can't be online at the time of the draft or don't care to it will automatically select players for you)

Pick your starting lineup each week

And really thats all your required to do, hell you don't even have to watch a single game all year.

If anything it always helps me keep track of everything going on in the NFL, I don't catch to many games on Sundays, except for Sunday night games and Monday night Football.

I think we should have UPH Fantasy Pheasant Hunting...

This was my idea first..:rolleyes:....see my first post in this thread b/c I flat beat you to it. If this fantasy pheasant hunting thing takes off, I want my initials somewhere on the page:D or at least first pick of the "players"

A britt guy would be a good first choice for the fantasy quail hunt, but you may want to find someone with a GSP or good flushing dog for the fantasy pheasant hunting game. Those flushers put up a lot of birds in a season!! Hey, that's it, instead of picking hunters in our fantasy pheasant hunting thingy, let's pick dogs. Then the owners of the dogs can come back on Monday and report each dog's statistics to the group.:) Of course every guy on the site will pick their own dog and lie in their statistical report.........nope, we can make it a rule that you have to pick other peoples' dogs. I think we're onto something here Ryan and Bob. Someone help work out the rest of the details. I know a guy that does a great job building websites;)

Last edited:
Ok, I'll play the fantasy football thing. Let me know if there is any information I need to login and tell me where to send my $ and I'm onboard:cheers:

Thats something else we need to figure out, do we want to add a little money to this?? And if so how do we do it? Winner take all? 1st and 2nd split?

i've done it many ways in the past, you figure if we get 8 teams at $20 thats $160

80 for the winner
40 for 2nd
20 for 3rd
20 for highest total points all year

of course there are many ways to do it......

Thats something else we need to figure out, do we want to add a little money to this?? And if so how do we do it? Winner take all? 1st and 2nd split?

i've done it many ways in the past, you figure if we get 8 teams at $20 thats $160

80 for the winner
40 for 2nd
20 for 3rd
20 for highest total points all year

of course there are many ways to do it......

Good. Add money to it so I can actually get interested right away. I don't mind donating $20 to the cause while I'm learning. In fact, I couldn't care less about losing or making money, but it makes everything a bit more interesting b/c you have a little something to lose. Just like playing a game of pool, I enjoy it a lot more if we're betting a pop (barley flavor of course) on the game.

I would be one that votes against having money involved. I have seen this tried before and when it comes time to collect the money. Nothing ever shows. So my suggestion is forget the money. That way nobody is embarrassed..........Bob

I would be one that votes against having money involved. I have seen this tried before and when it comes time to collect the money. Nothing ever shows. So my suggestion is forget the money. That way nobody is embarrassed..........Bob

For sure Bob.:)
There are PLENTY of sites where you can play for$$$$$$$

That's called gambling.

The UPH Fantacy Football would be for heckling rights and right to be heckled only.:cheers:

NO $$$$

MNM, from reading your "how to do it" post. You can set your team for the week from your starters and your bench? Do we all sign up on ESPN?..........Bob

Yep, or go to free agency.
Once we get enough interest, a site will be set up with ESPN, then members are emailed a password.
You can choose a team name, or ESPN will call your team for instance. "Team bobeyerite"

I think my team will be "The mnmt Ground Swatters" :(:eek:

That's called gambling.

The UPH Fantacy Football would be for heckling rights and right to be heckled only.:cheers:

NO $$$$

good deal! This really is a good time, I've been doing fantasy football for 10 years now. You got nothing to lose! Except for me bagging on you all year!! haha ok hope i didn't just stick my foot in my mouth :D

That's called gambling.

NO $$$$

I know it's called gambling and I enjoy it. I'd be willing to play either way. I'd also be willing to bet $20 on the flip of a coin. $ means so little to me I don't get my drawers in a wad when I lose a bit. Hell, the government takes as much as they want every week and I'm given a 0% chance of winning anything.

This wasn't my idea so I don't care to influence the decision of $ or no $....it just doesn't matter at all to me. I KNOW I won't win b/c I don't care about any football team and never will unless one of my son's are playing for one. $ down does make things a bit more interesting for me. No $ on the table in poker, I don't even consider my decisions and I'll bet big on every hand. Add $ into the equasion and I'll pay attention and make an effort. $ in this game won't make a difference as to how I play, which is bound to be poorly.

Please let me know if I missed somebody.

Maybe the moderators should decide $ or not?

Spence
bobeyerite
onpoint
JMc
captaincoot
FCSpringer
JFan02
Kansasbrittany
backcloud27
Flush 'EM Hard Rocky
Chuckles

Please let me know if I missed somebody.

Maybe the moderators should decide $ or not?

Spence
bobeyerite
onpoint
JMc
captaincoot
FCSpringer
JFan02
Kansasbrittany
backcloud27
Flush 'EM Hard Rocky
Chuckles

My title says moderator, but I didn't take that title to make rules, only to help keep the board clean and free of spammers. $ could cause some hard feelings and some folks won't participate if $ is involved. I think we want max participation to make this fun. As a forum board member, I vote no $ in the spirit of keeping the peace.

Back