unproductive points

I had an english setter who would retrieve "our" birds from a success picture after the photo, she was in. Her eyes never left the birds, and she had no regards to the other birds, just ours. Now, retrobution, We had a guest who missed two pointed roosters one day. She slept in the motel, in the middle of the night she got up, and pooped on the pillow under his nose. When he woke up, gagging, she was laying beside me asleep, just as suprised as the rest of us. Never had an "accident" before or since! All my friends were careful about shots over her points after that. She was excused because she was a spectacular dog, known as the "meat animal", because no bird eluded her.

HAHAH now another question? Has anyones dog got into a minor scuffle with another dog out in the field over a dead bird. This happened last weekend he got snappy with a gsp that tried to take his retrieve away. I corrected him after we got them apart. But they were both males so that might have something to do with it.

Yeah it happens, especially when birds are involved. Lets face it they're dogs and it will happen but I will not excuse a dog who seeks out a fight in the field while hunting. Had a lab run over a hundred yards last year to come fight JP and his owner got mad at me saying I let it happen lol. What a jerk.

Yeah people are jerks. The guy that the dog belonged to was hunting with us. And he was cop, but on the plus side he was impressed by my 11 month old brittany. he had a 5 year old gsp that wouldnt get off his heels, and a 11 1/2 year old one that was slowing down in his old age. My dog pretty much ignored everything they were doing and doing his job, only had problems when we shot a bird.

That's funny. Usually the older veteran dog teaches pup not to trail him or try to steal his retrieves. Good for your dog, sounds like he's all business.:cheers:

Back