Unloading a dog

BrownDogsCan2

How do you go about reducing the chance of injuries when unloading a dog out of the pickup. The obvious is don't let them jump. I've been around guys who would unload by the collar and never really paid attention to how it was done. Is there a technique that works best. How about on video?

How do you go about reducing the chance of injuries when unloading a dog out of the pickup. The obvious is don't let them jump. I've been around guys who would unload by the collar and never really paid attention to how it was done. Is there a technique that works best. How about on video?

Don’t let mine jump out at all any more—to many injuries-not mine thank goodness but others-
Mine both have both have learned to wait—
One arm under their neck chest area hand between front legs —the other just in front of rear legs

Mine are labs-70-80 lbs.—
When dirty or muddy same way!!—if afraid or a little mud dirt —take up chess-get a pedicure-and try aroma therapy—:mad::rolleyes:

http://canvasworksincmn.com/Dogs-Up-Ramps.html

I use a Dogs up Ramp all the time. With our training schedule my dogs get in and out of the truck constantly. Theses ramps are super light weight, durable, and come in many lengths.

Past Golden Ret., blind at 8 yrs. could walk a 2x10 plank from the dock to the door of a Beaver float plane. The incline was about 30 degrees - he didn't want to be left behind!

I don't use a plank with my Yukon...but believe it's a good idea for a pickup, as they are higher.

Last edited:
http://canvasworksincmn.com/Dogs-Up-Ramps.html

I use a Dogs up Ramp all the time. With our training schedule my dogs get in and out of the truck constantly. Theses ramps are super light weight, durable, and come in many lengths.

I’ve used those with friends that have them—best I’ve ever seen—
Waiting for them to make one that folds to use with my vehicle
Gentlemen said they are working on finding a suitable joint system last time I spok with him-
Will check again when I get back to MN.
If they have worked that out will be ordering one

Gentlemen said they are working on finding a suitable joint system last time I spok with him-

The one I use slides together. Also it is very light. I use it to load and unload in the truck and for going up and down the stairs into the house. Free shipping from chewys.

Duane smith (the manufacturer) and I both serve on the CMRC BoD. I’ll pick his brain at our next meeting, if he knows anything I’ll let you know.

Duane smith (the manufacturer) and I both serve on the CMRC BoD. I’ll pick his brain at our next meeting, if he knows anything I’ll let you know.

Thank you would appreciate that—hope he has come up with something—they are by far the nicest ramps I’ve ever used-
Just can’t get the angle I need —and then fit in my Expedition—with out second seat down-

I run two GSP's and let them out one at a time. They jump but they jump to me. I catch them, give them a big old hug and smooch on the head then put them down one by one.

Back