Ultimate guide to pheasant hunting gear

BrownDogsCan2

What is some of your favorite stuff with pictures if you have them. Your truck,rigging, favorite tires, toppers, dog boxes, dog training ,dog vests guns, shells, accessories, apparel , bird cleaning , knives, pen knives, camping, cooking , coolers and on and on.

After 30 years of hunting I know what works for me. I’d like to see what others are doing, and more importantly 😀I’d just like to see some cool stuff.

My truck, put mud terrains on her this week because I’m old and never owned any before. Also ordered a switch kit to cut power to my traction control on the fly. For 3 years this truck has been trying to get me stuck.

Attachments

• AE07826F-C608-4839-8531-DD2880441D0F.jpeg
    AE07826F-C608-4839-8531-DD2880441D0F.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Vehicle: Some kind of SUV. Currently a '10 4Runner
Tires: Michelin XLT
Dog: Brittany
Dog Crate: Wire
E-Collar: Dogtra
Gun: Browning 625 O/U 12 ga.
Boots: Danner Ft. Lewis; Danner Elk Hunter (insulated)
Brush Pants: Columbia (early season); L.L. Bean; Cabela's Gortex lined
Vest: Filson w/leather belt ends closure
Hats: Blaze orange boonie or red wool sock hat
Jackets: Columbia (uninsulated); Under Armour (insulated)
Gloves: Camokinz II
Dust Cutter: Bourbon

Vehicle: Some kind of SUV. Currently a '10 4Runner
Tires: Michelin XLT
Dog: Brittany
Dog Crate: Wire
E-Collar: Dogtra
Gun: Browning 625 O/U 12 ga.
Boots: Danner Ft. Lewis; Danner Elk Hunter (insulated)
Brush Pants: Columbia (early season); L.L. Bean; Cabela's Gortex lined
Vest: Filson w/leather belt ends closure
Hats: Blaze orange boonie or red wool sock hat
Jackets: Columbia (uninsulated); Under Armour (insulated)
Gloves: Camokinz II
Dust Cutter: Bourbon
I wish they still offered them, mine are showing quite a bit of wear.

Isn’t there a traction control switch in board?
Do you have a ram? There is a traction control switch. You have to be in 4 wheel drive, stopped I think , and hold it for 5 seconds. It’s always trying to put the brakes on wheel spin when I need a little bit to clean my tires or to keep a little momentum to get through a drift or a puddle.
If you have a ram you should take a look at it , it’s able components nanny kill switch. It’s just a fused relay that replaces the abs fuse. I wanted to wait until my warranty was out before I went and did anything noticeable. It doesn’t affect your abs or throw a code but still

Last edited:
Do you have a ram? There is a traction control switch. You have to be in 4 wheel drive, stopped I think , and hold it for 5 seconds. It’s always trying to put the brakes on wheel spin when I need a little bit to clean my tires or to keep a little momentum to get through a drift or a puddle.
If you have a ram you should take a look at it , it’s able components nanny kill switch. It’s just a fused relay that replaces the abs fuse. I wanted to wait until my warranty was out before I went and did anything noticeable. It doesn’t affect your abs or throw a code but still
I drive a GMC, was just wondering if there was a way to override the traction control.

I drive a GMC, was just wondering if there was a way to override the traction control.
Traction control button on a 2017.it's a button with a truck and squiggly lines underneath it. 2010 through 2018 have buttons and I'm sure newer models have something similar.iMarkup_20211017_073300.jpg

Last edited:
Dogs-- Lizzie of Oz and Daisy Rae(the dwarf) the sister labs
Truck-- 2500 HD Crew with Hankook ATM Dynapro 10ply
Dog Box-- houndsman deluxe 2 hole with upper storage & backseat kennel for bad weather days.
Guns--CZ1012, CZ Field Supreme, CZ Upland ultalight, CZ Drake .28ga, CZ bobwhite and a 1991 SBE
Dog vests -- Cuga
Human vest--Chief Upland
Ammo--Federal premium #5 copper coated
Boots-- Lowa early season/ Mendl late season
Pants--Firstlite Sawbuck
Jacket-- Wildfowler
First aid kit--EMT Gel, forceps, saline ..ect
De skunk kit..baking soda, dawn, and hydrogen peroxide
Dust removal--Busch latte's and WilletDaisy's 1st quail retrieve.jpg

Last edited:
Hey K-em-up, are you still with CZ in KC? I haven't kept track of you since they closed our Pheasants Forever chapter in Denver.
Tom

My Buck Trapper. Bought new at the Base Exchange back in ‘75. Can be sharpened to a razor’s edge. Used on about everything. Upland birds, rabbits, turkeys, deer, elk and various fish. Great knife, an easy carry.

Attachments

• AC7B57C1-612C-4C7C-8BBB-43BBD305DC15.jpeg
    AC7B57C1-612C-4C7C-8BBB-43BBD305DC15.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
nice big scalpel on it

Yes, that spey blade was a great skinning blade. Starting with a fresh, sharp clip and sharp spey I could pretty much skin and break down a normal deer except for the aitch bone.

It was handy as one of the knives I used on elk. Skinning elk seemed to just dull any edge pretty quickly. Part of the tool chest in CO though.

Back