Tx quail hunt now that KS is closed.

Sweet! Based on the swinging of the gun barrel, it looked like you had a little indecisiveness. I thought for sure you were going to drop that 2nd bird.

Sweet! Based on the swinging of the gun barrel, it looked like you had a little indecisiveness. I thought for sure you were going to drop that 2nd bird.

I think the way the swing looks is mostly due to the slow motion, it is really slowed down to about 1/8 speed.

When I look at the video on my computer where the resolution is way better than what you see on YouTube, that 2nd bird starts to climb after I shoot it. May have to play it on a High-def TV and see if that bird goes down in the distance. I was wearing my old glasses and couldn't see that great through them at distance.

We did not see any snakes. it was pretty cold for down there most of our hunt.
There were a lot of skunks out moving around, we saw them hit on the road all over, but didn't find any while hunting.

All the birds were Bobs. They said that there were a few Blues around but we didn't see any.

Glad you missed out on the snakes Steve! They are a big problem for unsuspecting dogs! Nice videos!

We ran across rattlers and cottonmouths in sc and Georgia but it was usually cold and the snakes were lethargic and not a problem temps were 40's. Just was concern for when I visit KS to hunt next fall.

Its a GoPro Hero 4 silver. My wife got it for me for Christmas.

The thing I really like about it over my old Hero 2, is the 1 button on/record. You push one button, it comes on and starts recording video. That makes it much easier to record hunts and you conserve your batteries more.

Does it have a remote to shut off or do you just turn on/record when you start your hunt? How long does the battery last?

No it does not have a remote.
I have two batteries for it. I switch batteries at lunch time, so I don't really know if one would go all day.

No it does not have a remote.
I have two batteries for it. I switch batteries at lunch time, so I don't really know if one would go all day.

You can operate it using your cell phone, right? I thought they had an app for that. If your wife would have bought you the Virb, you could operate it off of your Alpha Handheld.

You can operate it using your cell phone, right? I thought they had an app for that. If your wife would have bought you the Virb, you could operate it off of your Alpha Handheld.

Didn't realize you could operate the virb that way. But I am happy with what I have with the go pro. I have not tried anything with the phone, but mine does not have WIFI connections.

Back