Truck Caps

gsppurist

Who makes the best truck caps out there? I was looking into the Leer or ARE but I also have come across Jason Caps. I need a way to protect my skiing and dog hunting gear/dogs.

Who makes the best truck caps out there? I was looking into the Leer or ARE but I also have come across Jason Caps. I need a way to protect my skiing and dog hunting gear/dogs.

I have always had Jason caps and they have served me well. Right now I have their top of the line Cyber model and like it alot. All their models are quality made so you don't necessarily need their top model.

That said... I think the same could be said about the others you mentioned as well.

Last edited:
This what I have on my 2013 F-150 only it's black.

I went the whole nine yards this time. Just love the clean look with no rubber seals around the glass and a slam locking latch in the center of the rear door. Bed rails are hidden, just looked really clean all around.

I have an ARE and I really like it. It is carpet lined, has a light (battery powered) and the thing I like the best is the front window folds down so the back window of the truck can be cleaned.

Cant think of mine off the top of my head but it is nice. I will look. just get side access windows with screens. Only way to go. You can build the drawers and bed and stick crates in there sideways. And open them from the side window. And open the screens for travel.:thumbsup:

Are

I've had AREs on my last two trucks. Better quality all around IMHO than the Leer and Century caps I'd had on trucks previously. The ARE dealer here is the best also, so it was an easy decision.

NB

LEER for me, I have owned 3 and have no complaints.

The ARE top won out. I had them put aftermarket LED lights 4 on each side, switch by tailgate. This was hardwired to the battery. At night it is lit REALLY bright.

Can't get it to load images.

Last edited:
I have had ARE on my past two trucks, no problems with them and the lights in the inside are a must.

Back