Triplets

haymaker

I saw a doe with three fawns yesterday. That is the first time I remember seeing that. Is that really rare or not?

Natures way of rebuilding! Did you guy's get hit with EHD hard last year? Honestly, it is rare but not like an albino or a black one. That is cool though!!!! Did you get a photo? I have seen triplets only 2 times in Mule deer. Now if we can get pheasants to learn how to double and triple clutch we will be in heaven!!!!:thumbsup:

Natures way of rebuilding! Did you guy's get hit with EHD hard last year? Honestly, it is rare but not like an albino or a black one. That is cool though!!!! Did you get a photo? I have seen triplets only 2 times in Mule deer. Now if we can get pheasants to learn how to double and triple clutch we will be in heaven!!!!:thumbsup:

I don't think we did. Further south got hit harder. No photo, sorry. Thanks.

I have only seen it once and it was this year as well. I asked our biologist and he said that she could be babysitting:rolleyes:

My understanding is single fawns indicate overpopulation and triplets are and under situation.

Our county was hit hardest by EHD and I have not seen a single fawn there yet. I suspect most of breeding does were older and died off prior to last falls breeding season.

I've seen it a quite a few times, a doe with 3 fawns. They like to hang out together. Triplets in deer are possible, however I go with the "baby sitting" in most cases.
I've seen a lot of does with fawns this spring, so far all single fawns. We had a brutal long and snowy Winter. Wide spread Winter kill mostly yearlings.

Back