Tribal land

buggy

I am thinking about coming up and hunt tribal land for pheasants and ducks. Does anyone have any pointers thanks.

when i was up there my only time last year i seen that there was no pressure at all on those lands and lots of it i never seen a car on any of it

I have also considered hunting the Standing Rock Reservation for a few day on my way over to eastern SD. I would be interested in finding out how much public land is available and what condion it is in. Seems like there have been several posts suggesting that the most of the public land has been mowed and grazed heavily. I am going to make a few phone calls to see what I come up with. Anybody know what the sharptail population in NW-NCentral Nebraska looks like the past couple of years?

I have done hunts on Pine Ridge, Lower Brule, and Standing Rock. Pine Ridge is a more like an self reliant hunt, there is game and it's not heavily hunted by non-natives. By comparisons to other areas, it would it be a harder hunting. The Lower Brule, is the best, by hunting standards. It has the grass rope pennisula, daily qouta, to hunt. It is the best of high standards of SD hunting. Pricer too! Standing Rock gets you some South Dakota and North Dakota lands, vast area, can find lots of birds in spots, might walk a while in others, will take some navigation acumen to hunt successfully. A tribal ground is not part of the United States. Your in a foreign country, with their laws, and their rules. Entitled bad behavior will not get you favorite status, and the state government, maybe even the federal will not save you! You cannot hunt across lease holds or private ownership ground without permission. There are maps, which you can navigate from. It might be advisable to hire a guide for a day, it will get you acclimated better. There are problems on reservations everywhere. There is little opportunity economically, frustration leads to reaction in both violence and destruction mostly on themselves Interesting, I have never heard of outright theft of items. The tribes use the opportunity to promote tourism, and positive review by us outsiders, get to know them. Mind your own business, avoid drunks, or confronting beligerent parties. Finding accomidations is not life at home and a far drive to the best hunting, so bring provisions. Good thing is you get better bag limits, a SEASON long license, not that 10 day/5 day thing. There good opportunities to hunt on reservation a cross the country.

Back