This Forum Works

BritChaser

A forum member is ill. He has to move for medical treatment and must get rid of two dogs. He seeks new masters for his dogs on this forum. In a matter of days . . . mission accomplished! What a good forum.

Sorry to hear about your friends situation. I wish him and his family the best through these troubling times.

Your post reminded me of the time a member forgot his shot gun on public property in South Dakota. He posted about it's location on UPH and I believe it was Dakotazeb who ran out there to grab it for him.

Nick

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your friends situation. I wish him and his family the best through these troubling times.

Your post reminded me of the time a member forgot his shot gun on public property in South Dakota. He posted about it's location on UPH and I believe it was Dakotazeb who ran out there to grab it for him.

Nick

Actually, I do not know the forum member. He posted his situation some days ago in the Main Bird Dog Form under "6 yo GSP female free to good home."

Ah. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up.;)

Nick

It sure does work. I've made some great friends on here!:cheers:

I agree. And I took the dogs. I met with the guy and his wife about the gsp. My dad, who is an avid bird hunter already has a 12 year old setter. So he took the 10 year old setter and I took the gsp. Great people and great dogs. Hopefully we provide as good of homes as where they came from. The gsp has the option of sleeping inside, but she chooses to go sleep outside next to the chukar pen. Wonder why!! The setter loves people and you can tell she was very spoiled. The couple doesnt live that far from me once they get moved. I plan on dropping some fresh quail and pheasants off with them after our seasons start. His dogs will be helping with the bounty so they should reap the benefits too right? I have 3 dogs of my own that I hunt, 1 house dog, and one pup that I'm training for a guy that will be gone in about another 3 weeks. I can never have too many bird dogs.

He is the second member ive met on the forum. Both are great guys and great dog owners. Lots of respect.

I agree. And I took the dogs. I met with the guy and his wife about the gsp. My dad, who is an avid bird hunter already has a 12 year old setter. So he took the 10 year old setter and I took the gsp. Great people and great dogs. Hopefully we provide as good of homes as where they came from. The gsp has the option of sleeping inside, but she chooses to go sleep outside next to the chukar pen. Wonder why!! The setter loves people and you can tell she was very spoiled. The couple doesnt live that far from me once they get moved. I plan on dropping some fresh quail and pheasants off with them after our seasons start. His dogs will be helping with the bounty so they should reap the benefits too right? I have 3 dogs of my own that I hunt, 1 house dog, and one pup that I'm training for a guy that will be gone in about another 3 weeks. I can never have too many bird dogs.

That is awesome, thank you for helping out a fellow hunter and his dogs.:cheers:

Good going, Pheasant Whisperer and your dad. I am sure the dogs are now in very caring hands and will have great lives with plenty of hunting. :10sign:

Yes well done pheasantwhisperer, good to see our hunting community helping each other out in times of need.

Sooner or later we all get old. At some point, we do not know who will live longer, us or our new pups. This forum gives old people the opportunity to keep the kennels full. A full kennel means lots of exercise. I will choose bird dogs over doctors every time.

I couple years ago, my nephew came hunting with us. Afterwards, he said, "Crossing shot, we both got tired about the same time." I burst his bubble when I said, "This was my third day in a row."

Better leave instructions in my will.

I can't decide whether I want to meet my maker on the baseball field or the bird field...Maybe I'll build a field of dreams in Iowa in the middle of a corn field so I can have both!!! You know Kevin Costner saw pheasants running around in that outfield.

I can't decide whether I want to meet my maker on the baseball field or the bird field...Maybe I'll build a field of dreams in Iowa in the middle of a corn field so I can have both!!! You know Kevin Costner saw pheasants running around in that outfield.

That would be a double play for sure! :cheers:

Sooner or later we all get old. At some point, we do not know who will live longer, us or our new pups. This forum gives old people the opportunity to keep the kennels full.

Excellent observation for those of us who are getting older and wonder if it's a good idea to get another dog when our older dog has moved on to the big Happy Hunting Grounds in the sky. You've settled it for me. I plan to get another dog when my 10-year-old is gone, assuming I'm still kickin' the cover. If I have a health set back I'll offer the dog to a good hunting soul on this forum. Perfect.

I am fairly new to the site and don't post often, but love to see this stuff and glad to be part of the site.

Great! Now let's hear more from you. :D

If Brandon hadn't taken Chucks dogs I was going to keep them in Missouri and give them a good home which they have now for sure. I lost both my 12 and 13 year old in the last year and wasn't sure, having bird hunted for over 35 years, if I was going to get new pups. But my granddaughter and myself are going to get my first pup tomorrow and my wlfe and myself going to get second one Saturday. Have a love hate relationship with training bird dogs but know how I want them to hunt even though Iam sure not a professional trainer. The pups will only be 5 months old this season and will try and let them have fun this season and would be willing to hunt with some good trained dogs.

Back