These video guys

The goose is the most pretentious outdoorsman I’ve ever came across
I couldn’t agree more. I’d add amazingly uninformed, with a complete lack of self awareness that shows up every time he denigrates others (which is often). If I had the keys to this place I’d ban him for good.

Well, the thing is, he's either a chinese bot or he's webguy hiding behind the curtain.

So a ban really wouldn't do much. Every time someone responds to him (me included), you've been "goosed" by a fake entity.
😆😆
Lets get real. In one instance we complaint about other hunters been able to find a hunting spot, big groups of non experienced upland hunters, dogs out of control etc. Yet we still go out on a hunt and have some success. The pay to play is part of the time. If we have an increase in hunters over the years and less bird population and less habitat, then those who choose to pay, the less there will be on public land.
We as devoted upland hunter have alot invested in our passion, dogs, dog feed, training, vehicles, lodging, food and gas. not to mention training our dogs and our selves. With that dedication, not everyone can put up with. So they pay to play without dogs and all the above for just one time a season if that. Beside, farming is a hard life and any additional income to those farmers are welcome.
I hunt public, private ( without pay) and belong to a hunt club to keep my dog trained all year long and my shooting in focus. Thats just me.
I'm going to tell you one thing.Every year, there are more farms charging people cash to hunt.You go ahead and shell out,but bird hunting is becoming a commercial sport,and that's not good.So go ahead and drink the Kool aid,not me.

😆😆

I'm going to tell you one thing.Every year, there are more farms charging people cash to hunt.You go ahead and shell out,but bird hunting is becoming a commercial sport,and that's not good.So go ahead and drink the Kool aid,not me.

I don't think anyone that takes upland bird hunting even remotely seriously would disagree with you on this.

You don't have to be drinking kool aid to see this either.

Not only are farmers charging money to hunt, they are now building little houses for hunters to stay in.Next thing they do, is release these chickens into the landscape. Then they hire a professional video company and get a website.

My hunting buddy always complains when there's a mowed path on a public hunting area. Sometimes in Iowa and MN they mow/brush hog around the entire perimeter of public land. We always refer to it as the old man path or the grandpa trail.
They need a road to travel on safely before they release the blinder birds.

My hunting buddy always complains when there's a mowed path on a public hunting area. Sometimes in Iowa and MN they mow/brush hog around the entire perimeter of public land. We always refer to it as the old man path or the grandpa trail.
We definitely have that on some WMAs in MN. I have seen it, less often, in SD, on some GPAs. I always thought those were game production areas. Now I know they were just signaling to the grandpa's.

Back