There is Just Something About Them!

I understand that. I have been doing it for nearly 30 years. What I am saying is that there is more then one place to get a dog that goes back to those dogs mentioned. There is a dif between Line, and In breeding. I doubt this day and age anyone I know of will be doing the brother to sister kinda thing. Line breeding is common among many of us. Just because someone kept "a name" on a dog does not mean they are truly of that breeding. When Roy passed, he left dogs to several different people nation wide. I know people who market that name but get their butt kicked week in and week out. Some just kept naming dogs denalisunflos whatever, even if there is no real relation anymore. I find that sort of miss leading. But people buy in to it. Just because Ring and Bandita are in my field champions pedigree, does not mean I would consider them "a denalisunflo" dog. No different then Saightons for that matter. There is a small handful of dogs that are closer to that breeding then anyones, and I know who they are. Anyway this is getting away from the topic. I do know there will be no other sleeping at the end of my couch LOL. ESS for life.:cheers: I start a new beginning myself this year as I retire my old work horse to life on the couch and hunting, and get rolling with 3 new pups. Going to be a busy summer.:D

"I do know there will be no other sleeping at the end of my couch LOL. ESS for life."

That's what the Thread is all about! ;) :cheers:

Ahh...that's a fine looking pup Pete! He has that look that he's not going to back down to heavy cover!
When I saw the picture a smile came to my face, you see I know you two will be on a great journey for the next decade and more, enjoy the ride!
Thanks for sharing.
Where did you get your pup from?

I will post details soon, the Sire is from UK . Increadable pedigree.

I understand that. I have been doing it for nearly 30 years. What I am saying is that there is more then one place to get a dog that goes back to those dogs mentioned. There is a dif between Line, and In breeding. I doubt this day and age anyone I know of will be doing the brother to sister kinda thing. Line breeding is common among many of us. Just because someone kept "a name" on a dog does not mean they are truly of that breeding. When Roy passed, he left dogs to several different people nation wide. I know people who market that name but get their butt kicked week in and week out. Some just kept naming dogs denalisunflos whatever, even if there is no real relation anymore. I find that sort of miss leading. But people buy in to it. Just because Ring and Bandita are in my field champions pedigree, does not mean I would consider them "a denalisunflo" dog. No different then Saightons for that matter. There is a small handful of dogs that are closer to that breeding then anyones, and I know who they are. Anyway this is getting away from the topic. I do know there will be no other sleeping at the end of my couch LOL. ESS for life.:cheers: I start a new beginning myself this year as I retire my old work horse to life on the couch and hunting, and get rolling with 3 new pups. Going to be a busy summer.:D

I agree. My little female lab puppy that I got 18 months ago is totally line bred and done the right way. She is bred on a MH dog that won several US Open pheasant championships. He is also a GMPR. And that line is free of EIC and CNM and every dog in her 5 generation pedigree is clear on hips eyes and elbows and all are titled, both on the top and bottom. What this breeder will tell you is that they shoot for the best 90%. What people hope by an outcross is to hit it out of the park by breed FC to an FC and hope to hit 100%. And most of the time it is a strikeout. With his linebreeding you know what you are going to get.

Thing one and thing two. I get to keep one, the other is headed to a field trailer in CA.:D No names yet. My new Odie Willow pup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHaibBvuc1A&feature=youtu.be

My new Odie Splash pup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KTlRYkFyGE

i

Very,very nice! The first shows two very nice animated fine looking pups!
The second...well could anyone ask more of a ten week old pup! That pup is a sure bet to be a winner and fine gun dog. And that look of wanting to please says it all. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

My wife wanted to know what I was smiling at, then she saw the video and said it figures! :cheers:

I will be busy. My young boy Hardy was bred to the 2011 National Champion and I get a first pick pup from that for his stud fee. So I will have 3 LOL. I may sell the one retrieving the pigeon, Just because I am doing a repeat of that. So I can get one later. Always a gamble. :) I have done that before and never got one. Just have to play the hand your dealt and live with it LOL.

Back