There is Just Something About Them!

Oh she is. I think she is 5 now. Going to be a mama in about 2 weeks. Yeah she is real fun to hunt. Just loves getting in the thick junk. And man for a small girl, she can retrieve with any lab.:thumbsup: Only ran a few trials. Always comes in season:mad:. So now I hope to have her for a full year this next season.:thumbsup:

Oh yea, yes Sir indeed, that is some EXCELLENT work! Very well done! :10sign:

Our pups share some of the same lineage! :thumbsup:

Nice work with Loren in the strip field. She is a beauty! my spaniel bitch is small
@ 37 lbs but she rocks.

LOL, yeah, my training field never looks great after a long MN winter. Pretty much flat and covered by snow now. We have even resorted to digging holes in snow to train. I remember one day I wish I had the go pro on. I was running my field champion River. The snow was Knee deep at least. So, we dug holes and put birds in. She threw the head and charged in on a bird. She disappeared in the hole and a bird pops up to be shot. Could not see her down there LOL, until she was sent to make the retrieve. Then the birds will go poof, in to the deep snow making locating the bird fun as well. :D. But the dogs love it, and it keeps them in shape.

Sorry, I don't care to dig in to a subject like that on air.

Any chance you'd share that in a PM? Or maybe a phone conversation? I only ask because one day I wish to breed springers, and like any good breeder, I would want to only act in a way that improves the breed. Granted this isn't something that will happen even in the next 5 years, but the research phase has started already.

Here's a very young pup showing why we love these guys so much, just a lot of natural hunting style and ability, not fancy or flashy yet but this pup is going to put a lot of birds in the bag for sure. Always good to see the Irish county side!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhcPf038gBs

Hey kids I am back. Computer crashed so just got a new one fired up. After a long year away from field trials because I had Lyme disease. I entered my boy Hardy in the only all age left for the year. 6 training runs, and he nabs a 3rd place finish. The young man still has the goods, and got his first Q for a national. I will not make that trip to Utah again however LOL. I sure like him, nice kid. Never got to hunt last fall, but we are looking forward to this year.

Hardy...another one of Chaps disciples ! Where do you think the TRI Color entered the line?
Nice work! :cheers:

Last edited:
Hey kids I am back. Computer crashed so just got a new one fired up. After a long year away from field trials because I had Lyme disease. I entered my boy Hardy in the only all age left for the year. 6 training runs, and he nabs a 3rd place finish. The young man still has the goods, and got his first Q for a national. I will not make that trip to Utah again however LOL. I sure like him, nice kid. Never got to hunt last fall, but we are looking forward to this year.
Congratulation !

Back