There is Just Something About Them!

ranchodelux,

Sounds like a real nice Kennel ! Do you know of the bloodlines used in her breeding?

Any Pictures?

Last edited:
Fldbred: I seem to be having issues with posting pics on the site, but if you go to http://www.glenwoodkennels.com/ she has tons of pics, and the pedigrees of her breeding stock. She uses a nice mix of English bloodlines, and quality Springers from other worthy operations in the Midwest. I know some of her buyers use the dogs for trials, but by-and-large they are just great family dogs and companion hunters. Expect to go through an interview process. If you don't make the cut, you don't have enough money to buy a dog from Jenn.
My new pup comes out of Glenwood's Tater and Darby. I couldn't be happier with the quality of the pup. I hate to sound like I am pitching for them, but when people are good at what they do, it deserves recognition.

ranchodelux,

Thanks for Link and she certainly has some very fine bloodlines in those pedigrees! It no wonder your happy with your pup.

S.davis

Looking for a good Springer can really be a fun process. If you get a pup from good hunting lines you're pretty much assured a good hunting partner. If you include some of the greats then it gets even better.

I like to include some of these guys and girls in the bloodline search.

Saighton Scud

Cortman Lane

Jordan Valley Ann

Sunrise Zinger

Badgercourt Druid

Staxigoe Swank

Gwibernant Gerfi

These are just a few that I like to see in the bloodlines, it's not necessary but it pretty much guarantees an outstanding gun dog! A field bred Springer Spaniel in my opinion is one of the best all around gun dogs there is....bar none!

I have always wanted a springer but just can't seem to break away from Labradors. Anyway, about 25 years ago I almost purchased a puppy from a fellow here in Kansas, Roy French. He and I talked several times on the phone but I never did pull the plug on one of his springers so I would throw "Denalisunflo" into the mix. Kinda wish I would have because his lines are now in Minnesota with Pine Shadow Kennels and go for about $2500 with over a year waiting list. I think Mr. French had quoted me about $500 at the time.

http://www.pineshadows.com/Web Images/pedigree.html

I have always wanted a springer but just can't seem to break away from Labradors. Anyway, about 25 years ago I almost purchased a puppy from a fellow here in Kansas, Roy French. He and I talked several times on the phone but I never did pull the plug on one of his springers so I would throw "Denalisunflo" into the mix. Kinda wish I would have because his lines are now in Minnesota with Pine Shadow Kennels and go for about $2500 with over a year waiting list. I think Mr. French had quoted me about $500 at the time.

http://www.pineshadows.com/Web Images/pedigree.html

Thanks for the input, love hearing about different lines!
Mr. French was quite the Springer man, I believe he handled his own dogs at trials well into his 90's, and bred and trial 3 National Champions!

Last edited:
Great thread, I've hunted with springers for over25 years.. Currently training my 8 month old pup.

Well then you know how "special" they truly are! :thumbsup:

Any pictures of that pup?

Roy French's dogs are in many of our pedigrees, and you don't have to pay $2,500 for one. If your looking for a dog that goes back to that breeding I can point you to many of them, including my own. You can buy winners and great hunting dogs for about $1,000 from many great dogs. That breeding program was started by in breeding brothers and sisters :D so it has had its problems. It has been tamed down a bunch by many breeders over the years as it should be. Too much inbreeding is not a good thing. Can't deny or argue the fact of the success the guy had. I also have a great passion for this breed. Can't beat em in my opinion. :D

Ahh...that's a fine looking pup Pete! He has that look that he's not going to back down to heavy cover!
When I saw the picture a smile came to my face, you see I know you two will be on a great journey for the next decade and more, enjoy the ride!
Thanks for sharing.
Where did you get your pup from?

Roy French's dogs are in many of our pedigrees, and you don't have to pay $2,500 for one. If your looking for a dog that goes back to that breeding I can point you to many of them, including my own. You can buy winners and great hunting dogs for about $1,000 from many great dogs. That breeding program was started by in breeding brothers and sisters :D so it has had its problems. It has been tamed down a bunch by many breeders over the years as it should be. Too much inbreeding is not a good thing. Can't deny or argue the fact of the success the guy had. I also have a great passion for this breed. Can't beat em in my opinion. :D

I like linebreeding when it is done by someone who knows what they are doing. I think the chances of getting a quality dog is much better from line breeding than an outcross when done correctly. I think if you look at the greatest lines in any breed, the best comes from line breeding.

Back