the trip plans are set

iowa labs

We have made plans for our December hunt. In state the 26th and hunt the 27-31. 6 in our group but I always enjoy meeting other members on the trail!:thumbsup:

You know your always welcome to join in gordy!:thumbsup: i've had some other pm nibbles so things are shaping up great! :cheers:

Hey Chris: Sounds like you are going for it...what part of the state are you hunting?

JonB

What are you going again? I think you might need an intervention:D. Believe me if I could convince my wife another trip was in order I would be all over it:)

Oh now Jon you know I play things pretty close to the cuff:rolleyes:. So i'll just say the part of the state with birds:thumbsup:. Lol :cheers:

Chris,

I have 5 day's left on my license and will be in Mobridge,SD until the 26th - always looking for an opportunity to hunt! At my age, I'm not sure how many hunts I have left!!

Last edited:
Our 1st day of hunting will be the 27th. If you could shuffle some days i'd enjoy hunting with you jon.:cheers:

Looking forward to hearing about you hunts.
GOOD LUCK!!
FUN TIMES for sure. PICS! :thumbsup:

dropping like flies! lol

Wow at the last minute people are dropping out of the hunt and we leave tomorrow! Lol that's just the way it goes sometimes!:cheers:

Chris, who is all going to be coming with you? I might be able to slip over and hunt on Fri or Sat. I haven't been out since last Wed and the dog is getting restless.

One guy says it's to cold, another had a close friend die so he has a funeral to attend, 2 had work get in the way and the last guys wife revoked his man card! Sometimes sh** just happens i will just roll with it and hunt in iowa:thumbsup:. George i'll see you next year! :cheers:

To cold??? The forecast for next week is about as good as it can get for the end of the season. I head out tomorrow afternoon to chase and try to out smart the educated roosters for a week. Today is going to be the longest day of work I have ever experienced. Mentally I am in SD right now but physically I am still in WI. Can't wait to hit the ground Saturday. Hope everyone has a great holiday season! I will try to report how things are going after a few days.

Just a hunt up date. As i posted previously......my s.d. group fell through so i planned an iowa hunt. With the changes i was able to take my son as well as my daughter:thumbsup:. A couple of the guys from my fallen group were able to hunt with us and i was able to hunt with mstand and her friends. We were all able to shoot some birds or at least have some misses:rolleyes:. One of my friends from work said he had not shot a bird in 20 years. Then 20 minutes out of the truck he bags a nice rooster on the 1st shot with my sons gun! Then my lab ben made a nice retrieve of the bird for him out of the cattails:D. It was'nt s.d. and we saw way more hens than roosters but we were able to have a great trip even with all the changes:cool:. :cheers:

Back