The revered 16

That's tough, I have a love for both the Sweet Sixteen and the model 12. I would have to say the Sweet Sixteen, since it took me 20 years to finally find the one I wanted and could afford(with a bit of luck).[/QUO

I shoot a model 12 but the next one that I buy will be a Sweet 16. Do you have any advice?

onpoint, what does a Sweet Sixteen weigh with a 26" barrel? If I could get my 16 ga. BSA SxS sold I'd like to get a Sweet Sixteen. I'd really prefer a newer model with choke tubes. There is a nice looking DU model on GunBroker right now but they want $2,100.

DZ, I'll weigh mine in the morning. I wouldn't rush your search on a 16ga auto loader. I believe the 1100 16ga is built on a 12ga frame, not positive. Let me look around, I would be willing to help you find a nice sweet Sixteen with chokes. I spend a lot of time searching guns. I bet we can find you a nice one for a fair price.

Chuck

PM sent

Last edited:
Thanks onpoint. I already passed on the Rem 1100. After doing some research I found they are built on a 12 ga. frame and weigh right at 8 lbs. Too bad Remington didn't make them on a 20 ga. frame.

I've found a couple Sweet Sixteen's on GunBroker but until I get my 16 ga. BSA SxS sold I'll have to wait. Like I said, I'd prefer one of the newer Sweet Sixteen's with choke tubes.

The old Sweet Sixteen got run though the paces on some clays this weekend. Kind of a Easter shoot before Easter dinner.

Here's my oldest son having fun with the old girl

Picture015-1.jpg

Back