the last weekend

cowdog

so who wants to hunt, Im in anybody else.....EPM help me out here. could be a UPH get together kind of thing.

I am heading out on Friday and may stay the night and hunt Saturday as well. Let me know when and where you are planing on hunting and maybe we can meet up.

I plan a long day of chasing my Brittany on Sunday. It will be fun and a bit sad, the season ends seem to mark the passing of time more emphatically as the years go by.

I wish all of the Phez chasers good luck this weekend. Unfortunately, my season ended a couple of weeks ago. What a great year in colorado. Are any of you UPH'ers up for a Pizza and Brew night? If there is any interest I am happy to coordinate. I understand the PF dinner is in March and would like to meet many of you then. Let me know if there is interest?

UPF-Pizza and brew

Hey Busta, I'd be up for pizza and beer.
PairOfLabs

Cowdog U probly dont want any part of me this weekend. There will be a group and this size of it is yet to be determined. Im not sure I will hunt both days but one for sure

Cowdog, would love to make it out there one last time to end the season - but life just doesn't permit me to make any pre-plans or commitments whatsoever right now. I'll try to PM you with as much heads-up as possible if I see my way clear to bump-&-run! Have fun either way & I will too if I can make it out there, regardless of whether it's all alone just me and the pooch or with an entire phezinatin' posse... :thumbsup:

Whether or not the rooster-chasin werks out fer me, count me in on the pizza & a brewski! Would love to meet up with some of the Denver and/or Co Spgs UPH boys! :cheers:

Pizza and Brew

HHR; Got you down for Pizza and Beer. I know your busy, but we'll try to get something that fits into your schedule.

Yuma is the place. Ill be out there thurs. through mon.
EPM Im up for anything the last weekend, Im sure I can turn you on to some honey holes as you can me

@cowdog: HAHAHAHA, I hear ya! :p The pizza & beer thing is only for a couple hrs (thus much more easily doable for me right now)...I can't even travel halfway to the rooster-fields one-way in that amount of time, which adds up to about a 4 am to 8-9 pm all-day affair for me best-case-scenario in order to make it worth my while (cause I sure as heck ain't drivin all the way out there & then turnin right around to come back mid-day unless the game pouch is full, & even then I'd wanna linger or scout for the rest of the day)...Unfortunately at the moment, such leisurely time-consumption is not very feasable for me under current circumstances.

IF I can make it out there at all, it will probably be either Thurs and/or more likely MON (since you have now made me very happy by reminding me that is an option - I was kinda sadly assuming that Sun was the last day)...Hey, I've got a real legitimate option that actually might werk with my calendar to shoot for now - Thx 4 jogging the faulty OLD memory! :thumbsup: :cheers:

HHR:

Meeting got canceled so Monday may work for me now. Keep me posted and we can watch the Sunset on the last day like last year....

Private ground and lots of it, Got a dog but he comes with an Ecollar and a whistle ( so i guess that Shadow guy is out) but he does hunt birds.
Bill 719-641-9660

@sdtEvgn: Sounds good, Mon is looking pretty sweet for me right now (with a little luck MAYBE even at least part of Sun too)! Who's bringin the "water"-cooler for the tailgate sunset-show, you or me... :D

@cowdog: Whew, mine comes with whistle & e-collar but he'll hunt too - was my primary concern in our getting together, kinda figured you weren't much of a fan like epm (he already expressed to me in almost as glowing terms as Shadow how bad he hates a whistle period - although it didn't come off nearly as bragadocious, just a stated preference which I understand & respect)...I don't hack & scream all day, but don't run in total SILENCE yet either (couldn't find the time this yr to add that twist/tweak in light of many surprise circumstances, but it's still a goal I have next yr)! :thumbsup: I've got access to some extra private way north or south of there we could kick in the tiller too if needed, but none in Yuma...

You guys are advanced dog handlers by my standards, whistle training is now on my to do list. I'm still yelling and running to keep up... she does love to work the birds though, and I have fun trying to keep up with her on these late season road runners. There's nothing like the anticipation that comes when the dog gets birdy. :thumbsup:

Women can be sooooo evil...grins!

Okay guys this is how it's going to go....I'm calling all of your wives, supervisors, kids, and I'm going to give them list of things that just have to be done this weekend, then I'm going to go out on Friday and herd those ditch chicken's into a very private place (the visual is a crazy woman running round fields attempting to herd anything that even resembles a pheasant, when she knows darn well that that she barely sees any when she's out there freezin' her bum off..), and she's doing this because she needs ALL the help she can get to even get close with all you pro's out there:p:p.

I'm just kidding;)! Actually, I wish you all great hunting on this last weekend, and if you see a red Durango, stay very far away ,or hunt the field right next to us because that's where the action will be:):)

Have a good one!

Cowdog if I was not already headed to NE I would take you up. Good luck and have fun out there everyone :thumbsup:

Yuma?

I'm heading out for the last time as well. Never been to Yuma but willing to check it out! Maybe we can all hook up. I have a rookie yellow lab who has done pretty well, looking to get her one last taste.

Back