The great debate!

Bahaha, obviously they haven't gotten any labs from me then! When I was growing up my dad had a springer that showed up at the neighbor's one day. It was great for 1 bird. After that he would throw up and haul tail home! After taking him to the vet once, an xray showed a bullet in his hip. Gotta give him credit for going out and getting on that first bird anyway.

Your right, showed toughness. A Lab would have whined and cried or keeled over.:D

Anybody else catch this week's episode of Pheasants Forevers' "The Flush"? They were hunting pheasants for the SD opener...

Anyway, the guide dog was a bit... girthy...:laugh: I couldn't tell if maybe there were puppies in there or just biscuits and gravy...:eek:

Anyway, the guide dog was a bit... girthy...:laugh: I couldn't tell if maybe there were puppies in there or just biscuits and gravy...:eek:

LOL. There goes my coffee:D

Haven't watched it yet. Nothing like a guide showing up with a overweight dog.

By the way, I love your collie (avatar). I'm guessing "that dog don't hunt?"

That is my wife's mini sheltie about 3/4 through her Spring haircut. She's a bit girthy herself...

I used to take her hunting in the old days when it was just me and Rusty. She didn't really affect the hunting, and enjoyed the exercise. But after she got fat I started to worry that she might hurt herself... Or get a mile from the truck and decide to lay down and I would have to carry/drag her fat azz back to the truck... So she's "retired".:D She is amazingly skilled at cleaning plates.

That is my wife's mini sheltie about 3/4 through her Spring haircut. She's a bit girthy herself...

I used to take her hunting in the old days when it was just me and Rusty. She didn't really affect the hunting, and enjoyed the exercise. But after she got fat I started to worry that she might hurt herself... Or get a mile from the truck and decide to lay down and I would have to carry/drag her fat azz back to the truck... So she's "retired".:D She is amazingly skilled at cleaning plates.

I get my wife's miniature Eskimo out chasing birds once in awhile too. It cracks me up seeing a fluffer dog working the cover for birds. He's crazy over pheasants, stays in range, and 1/4's like my lab! lol

My wife doesn't like him out there though. She thinks he's going to scrap with a coyote or fall into a lake (dog can't swim to save his life) and drown.

Everyone makes fun of him when I bring him out. I can't quit understand why:D

Late reply

I am a German Shorthair guy, but, to be fair I will make myself available to hunt with every other breed of dog for the next several years to make a fair assessment.

I obviously, have the best dog ever and I have not even seen it yet. I am picking up another dog from a breeder friend in SD. He called me and said he had someone who wanted to buy my dog. He was headed to Africa elephant hunting and wanted to bring the dog along. After turning down $4,000 for a 15 month old yellow lab I have never seen, I am most anxious to pick it up next week. Why do I think it's the best dog? Obviously, if this guy was going to bring it to Africa to flush and retrieve elephants, it will be awesome on pheasants!:)

david0311

Looks like labs are the most popular so far! BTW JSDRIGGS, my yellow girl says you can kiss her white ass! HAHAHA! good times, good times :cheers::cheers:

X2---- both laying next to me on the couch as I type this-- have fun with this guys and gals--

guess the labs will win the pointer trials about the same time the setters win the national retriever trials--

Back