Tell me this isn't smokin' hot

All that it convinces me of is that you can't come up with a cognitive point so the best you can do is resort to name calling. What a great contribution you make.
The point I’m trying to make here is that loose restrictions with no enforcement do nothing but contribute to the spread of a respiratory virus. I presume based on your response to scientific public health mitigation, you do not follow them.

I cannot force you to take a vaccine. Nor will I try. But you do realize this problem will not ever come under control unless a specific percentage of the population either becomes naturally infected or is vaccinated. I prefer to be vaccinated. If you prefer immunity via natural infection, please keep that infection to yourself.

I haven't yet worked up the courage (or jackassery?) to start smoking cigarettes in public buildings that ban smoking but don't force or require a mask.

That's what I equate not wearing a mask in public buildings too. And if any of you anti maskers try to say that smoking in a public space is different, you just don't get it haha it puts my health and yours at risk the same as you not wearing a mask inside a public building.

The point I’m trying to make here is that loose restrictions with no enforcement do nothing but contribute to the spread of a respiratory virus. I presume based on your response to scientific public health mitigation, you do not follow them.

I cannot force you to take a vaccine. Nor will I try. But you do realize this problem will not ever come under control unless a specific percentage of the population either becomes naturally infected or is vaccinated. I prefer to be vaccinated. If you prefer immunity via natural infection, please keep that infection to yourself.
The point I am trying to make is where I live, in South Dakota the average 7 day case is zero so there has not been a case in my county in at least 7 days probably more so I don't think I have that much to worry about. I am a rancher I am by myself a lot, my closest neighbor is over a mile away, I have taken several steps to build my immune system. We are a year into this and I have not had it. My grandkids have gone to school all year. I go to church on Sundays, I get to watch my grand kids wrestle, play basketball, football and volleyball. When I need to get something I need I go get it. Having done all those terrible things our 7 day average case is 0. I don't think our governor has done so bad, and I don't think anyone needs to call anyone else names just because they don't understand the situation here. I am sure your situation is different and I think you should do what you think is best for you, and I won't insult you just because you are doing things different. Personally I fear the vaccine more than the virus.

The situation in rural MN, Dakotas and Western WI are all about the same ... the chance of getting covid remains low, but once it hits "YOUR" social and family network then "BOOM" the impact becomes large and personal.

I will say that the pressure in these areas to NOT CONFORM (masking) is as high as the pressure to CONFORM is in densely populated areas. To say otherwise is fooling yourself.

I know of no one in our immediate circle of family and friends that have covid. I have a couple of out-of-state relatives and know of a few of my wife's friends have had it. My cousin worked in a Texas school and my wife's friends get out a lot. All were sick for a day or two with no real impacts ... all are in their 50s.

I know of three people that have died. Two just by name and both were in retirement or LTC facilities. The third died as a retirey in Florida. All were 78 or older.

Finally I know of five people in their 80s and 90s including our parents and an aunt who have been vaccinated (Moderna or Pfizer) with ZERO impact of effects. With them vaccinated, I feel much less pressure for me to get vaccinated sooner than later.

Its interesting to me that the single biggest factor in examinations of COVID is death rates. Never mind the long term detrimental impact on lungs, heart etc. etc. Or the fact that people lose (some permanently) the ability to taste and smell. I'm fairly young, relatively healthy and if infected, would probably 'survive' the virus. However, I could easily lose smell/taste and that would be the worst. (Yes, I got both vaccines and am grateful for it. Yes I trust it. My fiancé' does and has a doctorate in microbiology and genetics. I'll take her word for it. :) )

The vaccine scares me way more than the virus does. I was talking to an Amish gentleman the other day in Iowa, their large community hasn't had any outbreaks, probably because they don't get tested. They are as common folk as you can get and all that I speak to claim this has been blown way out of proportion based on the percentages.

I am a rancher I am by myself a lot, my closest neighbor is over a mile away, I have taken several steps to build my immune system. We are a year into this and I have not had it. My grandkids have gone to school all year. I go to church on Sundays, I get to watch my grand kids wrestle, play basketball, football and volleyball. When I need to get something I need I go get it. Having done all those terrible things our 7 day average case is 0. I don't think our governor has done so bad, and I don't think anyone needs to call anyone else names just because they don't understand the situation here. I am sure your situation is different and I think you should do what you think is best for you, and I won't insult you just because you are doing things different.
I respect you and that is a great response Hay Maker. I'm not trying to pick a fight here I really was just venting about the expo I went to in Central Wisconsin. I also work in public health and its extremely disheartening to see that sort of behavior. Its like no one even cares. Stay safe.

I've got parents that are both 65+ and a 93 year old grandmother that I would like to see again in person indoors without wearing a mask. The only way I feel comfortable doing that is when I'm fully vaccinated (they already are) because if I was to be responsible for causing them illness I'd never forgive myself the rest of my life.

The vaccine scares me way more than the virus does. I was talking to an Amish gentleman the other day in Iowa, their large community hasn't had any outbreaks, probably because they don't get tested. They are as common folk as you can get and all that I speak to claim this has been blown way out of proportion based on the percentages.
The amish are maybe a bad example to be honest. They aren't going as many places as many "regular" people since they're community isn't designed to need to go to a store every other day. You don't get COVID out of thin air, so if they're staying within their community like they normally did pre pandemic, it doesn't surprise me they haven't had issues

You must know different Amish than I am talking about. The last gentleman I talked to operates a green house that typically has at least 20 customers there at one time on Saturdays. Several of them operate businesses open to the public. They are far from isolated. A lot of the men travel daily on construction jobs, they are always at gas stations. I see them at Walmart all the time.

t that tiem
You don’t think people being locked having no where to go during the big freeze 5 weeks ago had anything to do with that?
Well the drop started roughly 3 weeks ago. I don't think the incubation period on Covid is 2 weeks from what I've read.

Now here's a recent personal experience, albeit anecdotal. It's not a randomized trial so everyone can just discount it.

I still do SME work for the company I retired from. I was just in Dallas doing that. One of my former co-workers just recovered from Covid. Our company has a strict mask policy in the building and we get clients from all over.

This co-worker is just under 60 with no significant comorbidities. The person he worked with went back home to his company which requires weekly covid testing. This person was totally asymptomatic throughout but he tested positive for covid about 3 days after getting back home and to work.

Now our company requires covid testing after possible exposure, so my asymptomatic co-worker went and got tested and it showed positive.

About a day later he got tolerable aches and pains and a 102 fever. He went to his primary care doctor who prescribed (OMG TRUMP DRUGS!!!) hydroxychloroquine. He had the fever/aches for about 3-4 days and then he said he was just really tired. No fever, no real aches. He said he had to nap every afternoon. He quarantined and is now back at work.

Hydroxycholoroquine. Go figure. Wonder how many lives could have been saved if this hadn't been used as a political weapon.

t that tiem

Well the drop started roughly 3 weeks ago. I don't think the incubation period on Covid is 2 weeks from what I've read.

Now here's a recent personal experience, albeit anecdotal. It's not a randomized trial so everyone can just discount it.

I still do SME work for the company I retired from. I was just in Dallas doing that. One of my former co-workers just recovered from Covid. Our company has a strict mask policy in the building and we get clients from all over.

This co-worker is just under 60 with no significant comorbidities. The person he worked with went back home to his company which requires weekly covid testing. This person was totally asymptomatic throughout but he tested positive for covid about 3 days after getting back home and to work.

Now our company requires covid testing after possible exposure, so my asymptomatic co-worker went and got tested and it showed positive.

About a day later he got tolerable aches and pains and a 102 fever. He went to his primary care doctor who prescribed (OMG TRUMP DRUGS!!!) hydroxychloroquine. He had the fever/aches for about 3-4 days and then he said he was just really tired. No fever, no real aches. He said he had to nap every afternoon. He quarantined and is now back at work.

Hydroxycholoroquine. Go figure. Wonder how many lives could have been saved if this hadn't been used as a political weapon.
Chestle...
Have you considered getting into the orchard business?
The only reason I ask, is that it seems to me you have a real natural talent....am thinking you could keep your labor costs pretty low due to the fact that you are so good at cherry picking, you wouldn't need any help.
Would probably stay away from bings and go with one of the new yuppie hybrids that those awful liberals like to buy at whole foods.

LOL. I realize facts upset a lot of people. It's ok.
Sure....those would be real facts ??
Step right up...let me get you another glass of that punch....

Say it long enough and it becomes the truth....thats the basis of a new book coming out in the near future.
" The art of the lie" by d.t. trump.. a must read for all "true" conservatives..

Well, show me where anything I posted isn't factual. I've linked the sources for you.

Do you dispute that Texas cases are decreasing?

You can also find factual information about hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin curing Covid in some people, not all.

But I guess a decrease of whatever...10%. ? ....20% ...who knows what percent...wasn't as important as getting the Orange Man out of the WH. If people had to die to get that done....so be it. Right?

As far as Art of the Lie, I believe the present administration will retire the trophy. At least there's no crisis at the border and kids aren't in cages.

Well, show me where anything I posted isn't factual. I've linked the sources for you.

Do you dispute that Texas cases are decreasing?

You can also find factual information about hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin curing Covid in some people, not all.

But I guess a decrease of whatever...10%. ? ....20% ...who knows what percent...wasn't as important as getting the Orange Man out of the WH. If people had to die to get that done....so be it. Right?

As far as Art of the Lie, I believe the present administration will retire the trophy. At least there's no crisis at the border and kids aren't in cages.
Well...if that cherry picking doesn't work out...you have a great option.
You could be, quite possibly, one of the best dj's ever......to be able to spin shit the way you do just leaves me in awe. You could spin those records blindfolded and not miss a beat..
SME ? subject matter expert....lmao

Back