Tapatalk App for forum use

birdshooter

Any of you guys use your phones for access to forums?

Tapatalk is a great app for forum use. Makes it much more pleasant to view and navigate a forum from your phone.

Unfortunately, I don't see that UPH is setup for it.

How bout it Webguy??

Last edited:
Yeah, it would make things much easier from your mobile device.

I've actually started using OHUB Campfire now instead of Tapatalk.

I haven't heard of that one. I'll have to check it out.

It would be nice to have a more "mobile friendly version" of the forum. Sure makes it easier to keep up with posts. Especially when sitting in boring meetings!

I haven't heard of that one. I'll have to check it out.

It would be nice to have a more "mobile friendly version" of the forum. Sure makes it easier to keep up with posts. Especially when sitting in boring meetings!

Viewing and participating on forums on your mobile device without a forum friendly app is cumbersome at best because you have to constantly shrink and expand screens so much that it becomes pointless, not to mention just browsing threads.

I changed to OHUB Campfire because Tapatalk was no longer compatible with another forum I frequent.

Last edited:
We are upgrading the website forum along with mobile version. So yes, it will be soon. We have a several things to get done in the next month and this is one of them.

Webguy

This is the first upgrade in multiple upgrades scheduled.

We will be prettying up the forum so it's not blue and also for mobile use.

Ryan (Webguy)

I'm stuck with an old XP and dial-up only. Will I still be able to participate?

BTW, heard in another forum that Photobucket is asking hundreds of dollars from forums to have its members' pictures to be posted on the forums.

You folks encounter this?

I'm stuck with an old XP and dial-up only. Will I still be able to participate?

BTW, heard in another forum that Photobucket is asking hundreds of dollars from forums to have its members' pictures to be posted on the forums.

You folks encounter this?

Yes you will still be able to participate. Tapatalk is not needed as the forum is mobile friendly now.

Webguy

Prior to the upgrade I could access the site from my phone and it worked pretty good. Now since the upgrade it's a mess. Contrary to what webguy has said about the new upgrade being mobile friendly I'm sure not seeing it. I'm on the Android platform.

Prior to the upgrade I could access the site from my phone and it worked pretty good. Now since the upgrade it's a mess. Contrary to what webguy has said about the new upgrade being mobile friendly I'm sure not seeing it. I'm on the Android platform.

Dakotazeb,

I'm trying to figure out what a mess means in technical terms. Have you cleared your Android Cache? Phones save local copies of the style sheets and your phone may have the old style sheet prior to the upgrade, hence could be showing a mess. Let me know. Thanks,

Ryan

Back