Spring Turkey

Anyone fall hunting? I've killed a few in the fall. It can be fun. Our Archery season starts Oct. 1st. I've drug out some bows and am trying the Trad thing again, but the only one I can shoot for long without shoulder pain, I'm only pulling about 37 lbs. Not sure if that will be enough?

Anyone fall hunting? I've killed a few in the fall. It can be fun. Our Archery season starts Oct. 1st. I've drug out some bows and am trying the Trad thing again, but the only one I can shoot for long without shoulder pain, I'm only pulling about 37 lbs. Not sure if that will be enough?
Yes, I'm going to bow hunt turkey this fall.Turkey hunting in fall can be difficult. Spring is easier.

I'm late to the party here but for those discussing Easterns in MT, there are Easterns in the Flathead. They were illegally transplanted there years ago by a private party. FWP will tell you the same. I've seen several around Kalispell that were clearly Eastern. I've also seen birds that are Merriam's in the surrounding mountains, including near Polson. Considering this, there has to be some hybrids in that region also.

Also, if you're unable to cook wild turkey and make it edible, you're doing something wrong. In fact, wildly wrong.

I'm late to the party here but for those discussing Easterns in MT, there are Easterns in the Flathead. They were illegally transplanted there years ago by a private party. FWP will tell you the same. I've seen several around Kalispell that were clearly Eastern. I've also seen birds that are Merriam's in the surrounding mountains, including near Polson. Considering this, there has to be some hybrids in that region also.

Also, if you're unable to cook wild turkey and make it edible, you're doing something wrong. In fact, wildly wrong.
Yes, wild turkey is very good eating. I've gotten very good at cooking it.

Back