Sports Shows

Upland4Ever

Myself and my father and daughter have been to 3 sports shows in Nebraska. Why is there hardly and thing on quail or pheasant hunting.

One reason could be that the show is to boat/camper/car --this happened in Rapid City SD and the hunting vendors and fishing camps quit coming to the event---where the event is held sometimes has an effect on the direction the show takes -- COST for booths--hard problem to solve sometimes.:eek:

I think it's because bird hunting, whether it be upland or waterfowl isn't as "glamorous" as big game hunting. There are quite a few shows on the sports channels promoting waterfowl, a few for upland and a TON for big game. Not too many "trophies" for bird hunting like there are for big game either. It doesn't really matter to me though. I haven't bought a deer tag in at least 10 years. I absolutely love bird hunting. I'll probably start deer hunting again in a few years when my oldest son turns 12, but for now it's birds for me. I took him out several times this year and he really enjoyed it. For me, there's nothing better than jumping in the truck with my dog and scatter gun to do some hiking. If we find some birds, that's a bonus.

Getting ready to go into the eastern outdoor show in Harrisburg. I'll see how much bird and dog exhibitors they have.

So far I've seen a few guide services for pheasant quail chukar grouse Hungarian partridge and a good bit of waterfowl. There was a hunting dog demonstration too. Bot lots of deer outfitters.

because the big money is in deer and turkey hunting thats why. its SAD

Yep, and that is where all the big sponsors are putting their moola. Especially the Deer, Elk specific hunts. After awhile they all just seem to blend together and it gets pretty monotonous.

Back