South Dakota Small Game License

Dakotazeb

Just a reminder to anyone coming to SD for a late season hunt, if you purchase your license on or after Dec. 15th you can designate your first 5 day period for this season and the remaining 5 days can be used any time between now and the end of the next season. So you can use 5 days now and come back next fall and use the other 5 days. Not too many people are aware of this that's why I bring it up.

I used to respect you but I do not think that I can anymore. There are still 20 days left in the hunting season. To suggest that someone could not/should not use both 5 day periods in that amount of time is probably the ugliest thing I have ever seen posted on this forum. I hope that WEBGUY bans you for suggesting such a despicable thing.

Thank you very much! ;)

I have a friend from Colorado that can only make one trip a year and he usually comes around mid December. This little benefit in the SD licensing system works well for him. He can hunt 2 years on one license.

Thanks for the information. I'll be leaving on Christmas night for my first trip to SD. Maybe I'll try to plan a trip for next year too.

When purchasing the license they will ask you what days you want for your 2nd 5 day period. Have them put down the last 5 days of next year's season. Then if you come earlier all you have to do is either go online or to a licensing agent and have the day changed.

???...moellermd, I don't understand what the problem is - sounds like a good idea to me!...Some people do have to work for a living ya know & one 5-day hunt a year is a whole week's vacation (plus travel time on both ends)...To hunt for 10 of the next 20 days would be an absolute impossibility for me right now in-state or out-of-state, & if I could manage to get away for even 5 days straight right now I would greatly appreciate the other option - Thx for the valuable information for the working-man Dakotazeb! ;)

DZ, this is an awesome feature that is a great benefit to me and other NR's. I buy multiple licenses this year and will be sure to buy my last one after Dec. 15th for the last week of season hunt.

I hope they never change this feature.

???...moellermd, I don't understand what the problem is - sounds like a good idea to me!...Some people do have to work for a living ya know & one 5-day hunt a year is a whole week's vacation (plus travel time on both ends)...To hunt for 10 of the next 20 days would be an absolute impossibility for me right now in-state or out-of-state, & if I could manage to get away for even 5 days straight right now I would greatly appreciate the other option - Thx for the valuable information for the working-man Dakotazeb! ;)

I guess sarcasm does not come across on the Internet well to some people. I was joking with him. I could take offence to the suggestion that as a stay at home dad and farm hand I some how am not a "working-man" but I choose not too.

Last edited:
moellermd,

I took you first post to this thread as a joke. Was I wrong? I'm starting to think so. If I am, what is your problem with the licensing situation that I brought up in my original post here? I guess I fail to understand your comments. I was merely trying to point out a fact in regards to SD non-resident licensing that most people do not know. I was just trying to help some of the members of this site that come to SD from out of state.

Dakotazeb

moellermd,

I took you first post to this thread as a joke. Was I wrong? I'm starting to think so. If I am, what is your problem with the licensing situation that I brought up in my original post here? I guess I fail to understand your comments. I was merely trying to point out a fact in regards to SD non-resident licensing that most people do not know. I was just trying to help some of the members of this site that come to SD from out of state.

Dakotazeb

No I am not serious. I was joking around with you. You interrupted my post correctly. hen, hen, rooster must have thought I was serious.

Oops sorry moellermd, my bad...Apology accepted??? :eek:

I have a pretty dry sense of humor myself & thought that it might be a tongue-in-cheek joke at first glance myself too! Should have known/picked-up-on-it in an exchange between two site-masters/pros/gurus--Dang, I've been duped by a bit too much of my own medicine (my family & friends would get a real kick out of this one)!!! :eek:

Iowa does the samething. You get all of next year after the 15th. Im glad SD does too. I work two jobs and can only afford to do one trip a year time wise , and it gives me something to look forward to next season and dont have to fork out another $110.00.

Not a problem no harm done.
daffy-duck.jpg

Out of State License?

In years past I have purchased my license at a store once I was In SD, This year I was thinking of buying it online and buying my old mans as well. What is the website to buy a non Res. small game license? Or a Phone number where I could call.

Thanks

We've waited all season for one of these posts JMB. It's about time.
Chris, I tried to get pheasantaddict to give us an update on Little Johnny. Maybe when the season's over, he'll bring us up to date with Little Johnny and the Jones Boys. I believe when he left off last year, Jeepers Jones had just met his untimely end.

Back