Snow birds…

I
I gave him 6 pheasant and 2 geese. He let me hunt the next year. Good dudude.
Some would say that is paying to hunt, good ol fashion barder system!

Oh yea he is a pay to play guy and an advocate for hunting released birds. But he is an entertaining twirp.

I gave him 6 pheasant and 2 geese. He let me hunt the next year. Good dude.
I'm shocked you found someone that would voluntarily take a goose. I can't find homes for those nasty things anywhere other than the culvert.

Heck, if I offered a landowner some geese, he'd probably look at me like WTF and tell me to never come back lol

I'm shocked you found someone that would voluntarily take a goose. I can't find homes for those nasty things anywhere other than the culvert.

Heck, if I offered a landowner some geese, he'd probably look at me like WTF and tell me to never come back lol
I think his wife wanted some down. I also gave him some elk steaks.

Well pulled the plug on the trip to SD next week, going to hunt southern Nebraska for quail and occasional pheasant. Will post report if i have one once we return.

Weimdogman, I have a 5 1/2 yr old Weimeraner, and his feet do not allow him to hunt more than 1 solid day without booties, and then those tear the hair off his feet. Is this an issue with yours as well? Trying to determine if it is a breed thing, or something I am doing or not doing. He walks, runs (6-7 miles) at a time pre-season. Some on sidewalks, some on golf courses, some in fields. Help?

Stupid weather. We ended up canceling our trip this week. Hopefully winter will loosen its grip after this cold spell.

There have been threads on this in the past... keep the gas tank full, and never pass by a station without filling up / topping off. Have emergency gear and sleeping bags in the truck. Make sure your battery, tires, and vehicle in general are in top shape.
And some study coal shovels.

Back