Since the season is over....

A game with one dunk. No star players at all in the Big 12. No one makes it to the sweet 16 out of the weak Big 12. Right now the recruiting class for KU in 2019-2020 looks bleak. The stars are heading else where.

"Barry Brown was selected as one of 15 candidates for Defensive Player of the Year, as selected on by the Naismith Committee."

I'd consider that star worthy...

Congrats to Kstate. Hey westksbowhunger, I will take you up on no teams in the b12 make the sweet 16. If I win you give up your best spot for hunting pheasant to me for the season , if you win I will do the same. I am sure my spot is better than yours.

I think Texas Tech, or Kstate could go to the final four. I think Iowa State, Texas, Baylor or Ku could go to the sweet 16. It's all about matchups and how the bracket set's everyone up.

I think Texas Tech, or Kstate could go to the final four. I think Iowa State, Texas, Baylor or Ku could go to the sweet 16. It's all about matchups and how the bracket set's everyone up.

I will agree on Texas Tech. K-state's offense is at times suspect. I think they will struggle to get out of the Sweet Sixteen. At least with KU I have no expectations at all.

I will agree on Texas Tech. K-state's offense is at times suspect. I think they will struggle to get out of the Sweet Sixteen. At least with KU I have no expectations at all.

Kstate has the same team that went to the elite 8 last year. Wade was on the bench hurt in the tourney also, so they did it w/o him. I think he is finally healthy for the first time this year also. I am not saying they will go to the final four, but they definitely could.

Kstate has the same team that went to the elite 8 last year. Wade was on the bench hurt in the tourney also, so they did it w/o him. I think he is finally healthy for the first time this year also. I am not saying they will go to the final four, but they definitely could.

March Madness is such a crap shoot, never know when a top-ranked team will go down like last year when UVA, a #1 seed lost to UMBC, a 16 seed. Look at the run that Loyola of Chicago made last year, all the way to the Final 4.

I'll be somewhat surprised if any Big 12 team makes it to the Final 4, but you never know. Texas Tech is playing some solid ball, but they have a history of flaming out in the tournament As far as Wade being healthy, that doesn't seem to be the case unless it is a conscious decision to rest him during the Big 12 tournament.

Yeah I saw he got hurt. Watch the replay of his reverse dunk, it looks like he landed akward on his right foot. He did come back in and play after the injury according to Weber. I hope the don't play him in the b12 tourney if he is hurting at all.

March Madness is such a crap shoot, never know when a top-ranked team will go down like last year when UVA, a #1 seed lost to UMBC, a 16 seed. Look at the run that Loyola of Chicago made last year, all the way to the Final 4.

I'll be somewhat surprised if any Big 12 team makes it to the Final 4, but you never know. Texas Tech is playing some solid ball, but they have a history of flaming out in the tournament As far as Wade being healthy, that doesn't seem to be the case unless it is a conscious decision to rest him during the Big 12 tournament.

KU looks improved with the emergence of McCormick but I don't think they have the ability to shoot the 3 well enough and have not been a good road team. But they are well coached. Weber will screw it up for Kstate. Hope they don't make a farse of the tournament by putting Texas, Oklahoma, and TCU in the tournament. Belmont deserves to be in ahead of those 3. Would be hilarious if WV won the Big 12 and Knocked a couple of those 3 out.

I am a Mountaineer.

No ringnecks in the Mountain State so I visit Kansas. Or Iowa.

Sorry about that! :p

WVU is my second favorite team in the Big 12. Lived in Virginia for many years until moving back home to Kansas; attended all of the KU football and basketball games that were played in Morgantown and had a blast tailgating with Mountaineer fans. Very friendly folks and I made friends that I hope can come out to Kansas so that I can return the generosity that they gave to me. Was at your game with TTU and rooted hard for WVU, just couldn't do that against my alma mater though! :p

I hope you're treated with the same friendliness here in Kansas on your hunts as I was in West Virginia attending sporting events.

Big 12 Champion and the Big 12 Conference Champion are both out in the first round.

Yep. Easier to be the hunter than the hunted as KU well knows with the yearly bullseye on their backs. I think KSU and ISU both focus so much on beating KU, and in ISU's case the Big 12 tournament, that they lose sight of the bigger picture which is March Madness.

Obviously not a KSU fan but really hated that Dean Wade couldn't play in the tournament again. It's always great to see Kansas kids do well, especially small town kids. Seems like a good kid as well.

Back