Since the season is over....

Doke tested the NBA waters last year and didn't get positive feedback, no NBA team is going to waste a draft pick on an injury prone big man with no outside game. The game has changed at the NBA level, it's all about the 3. That's why Wade may get a sniff at the NBA.

You make it sound like getting out of a multi-million contract is easy.

Your niece sounds like a very smart young lady! :)

Doke tested the NBA waters last year and didn't get positive feedback, no NBA team is going to waste a draft pick on an injury prone big man with no outside game. The game has changed at the NBA level, it's all about the 3. That's why Wade may get a sniff at the NBA.

You make it sound like getting out of a multi-million contract is easy.

Your niece sounds like a very smart young lady! :)

I am sure there are out clauses in the contract. I would think cheating and paying players to go to Ku would be one of them. Here is a link to my niece's bio. https://kuathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=16011

Last edited:
You make a fella glad he's not a KU alum. :D

The B12 is rated by some as the toughest conference in the country, some have them second behind the ACC. They will have 7 if not 8 teams in the post season tourney. That is far from being a weak conference. Kstate beat Iowa State on the road, Ku got killed there. Kstate is alone at the top of the conference now after Baylor lost last night, and IMO have the best chance to win it, having split with TT already and Iowa State coming to Bramlage. Kstate will be ranked next week, not that ranking now really mean anything anyway.

Big 12 is a good competitive conference. But no where near what the ACC is. Heads and tails above the Big 12. Houston and Cincinnati and 2 very good teams along with Virginia and Kentucky. When it is all said and done, I think the Big 12 will get in 5 maybe 6 teams to the Tourney. And none of them will go anywhere.

I am not a KState fan but they are pretty good. They defend which will keep them in games. But other than the Cats, there isn't very many good teams in the league. KU isn't very good right now. If KU was in the ACC they would be mid pack at best.

No update yet of the results from yesterday's games? Guess I will go ahead and do it then.

https://www.ksnt.com/sports/big-12-wins-streak-ends-at-9-as-1818-k-state-falls-to-no-2322-isu-78-64/1788720610

https://www.ksnt.com/sports/dotson-lawson-brothers-lead-no-14-kansas-rout-of-wvu/1788535984

Big 12 race gets very interesting now. If the top four teams all win the games that they are predicted to win and lose the ones that they are predicted to lose then there would be a four way tie for the championship between KU, KSU, ISU and Texas Tech, all at 13-5. Every game from here on out takes on added meaning. Subplots are the status of Dean Wade's injury for KSU and can KU keep up the seemingly rejuvenated play since Vick left the team for personal reasons. I'll throw in whether KU can win on the road or was the OT win against TCU a fluke.

No update yet of the results from yesterday's games? Guess I will go ahead and do it then.

https://www.ksnt.com/sports/big-12-wins-streak-ends-at-9-as-1818-k-state-falls-to-no-2322-isu-78-64/1788720610

https://www.ksnt.com/sports/dotson-lawson-brothers-lead-no-14-kansas-rout-of-wvu/1788535984

Big 12 race gets very interesting now. If the top four teams all win the games that they are predicted to win and lose the ones that they are predicted to lose then there would be a four way tie for the championship between KU, KSU, ISU and Texas Tech, all at 13-5. Every game from here on out takes on added meaning. Subplots are the status of Dean Wade's injury for KSU and can KU keep up the seemingly rejuvenated play since Vick left the team for personal reasons. I'll throw in whether KU can win on the road or was the OT win against TCU a fluke.

Somehow I don't think Vick left for personal reasons. He couldn't get back on that team if he wanted to. KU will also be getting Marcus Garrett back. Pretty amazing that they are still in the hunt with all the injuries and drama. A credit to Bill Self.

Somehow I don't think Vick left for personal reasons. He couldn't get back on that team if he wanted to. KU will also be getting Marcus Garrett back. Pretty amazing that they are still in the hunt with all the injuries and drama. A credit to Bill Self.

I think Vick got his feelings hurt when he got sat down a couple of games ago. I think Self has had enough and this is it for Vick. The reason Self does not get the volume of recruits a Kentucky or Duke does is you have to play defense to stay on the court. Just because you get a scholarship to KU does not mean you will start. In some ways I respect that but I know it has cost us championships in the past. Kentucky and Duke play their freshman and lets them get experience and they are always better come tournament time. They could give a crap about a leauge championship. While 15 in a row is great, with the talent he has gotten over the years we should have more rings.

I think Vick got his feelings hurt when he got sat down a couple of games ago. I think Self has had enough and this is it for Vick. The reason Self does not get the volume of recruits a Kentucky or Duke does is you have to play defense to stay on the court. Just because you get a scholarship to KU does not mean you will start. In some ways I respect that but I know it has cost us championships in the past. Kentucky and Duke play their freshman and lets them get experience and they are always better come tournament time. They could give a crap about a leauge championship. While 15 in a row is great, with the talent he has gotten over the years we should have more rings.

KU doesn't get the recruits that Kentucky and Duke does because it is hard to convince city boys to live in the midwest.

Its a lot easier to convince a kid to live in Lawrence than Lexington. KU doesn't get the recruits Duke and Kentucky get because it doesn't pay as much money.

Just remember sir that Kentucky is not the one thats in a FBI probe for actually paying players. You are. Good luck with that. And rember this also, when you point your finger there are 3 pointing back at you.

Just remember sir that Kentucky is not the one thats in a FBI probe for actually paying players. You are. Good luck with that. And rember this also, when you point your finger there are 3 pointing back at you.

All the teams skirt the rules as far as incentives go. That is not why Kentucky and Calipari gets big time recruits. Cal is smart, he plays to these kids egos and lets them make their mistakes therefore letting them reach some of their potential by getting experience. His teams are seasoned by tournament time. Bill Self is a decent recruiter and a great coach. His biggest fault is getting into pissing matches with these young future millionaires. The five star recruits couldn't give a shit about playing defense and playing as a team, they want to be on the top ten of ESPN. That is why he doesn't get them. If you don't play his way at KU you don't play. I think this year he has been forced to change a bit due to injuries and such.

Back