Since the season is over....

Surely you have heard of the Adidas probe. Lol

If the NCAA wants to get serious it is only a matter of time before the shoe drops on Nike-sponsored schools as well. https://sports.yahoo.com/nike-schools-pay-federal-court-docs-allude-corruption-involving-flagship-nike-basketball-programs-212410675.html

Surely you don't think that UNC, Duke, Kentucky et al run squeaky clean programs? Calipari's track record at UMass and Memphis speaks volumes in itself. Don't make KU the sacrificial lamb while the media/ESPN darlings that I've mentioned get off scot free like UNC did with the whole 30+ years of fake classes. Just because everyone else does it doesn't make it right, but treat everyone the same.

Just remember sir that Kentucky is not the one thats in a FBI probe for actually paying players.

Ummm, they are under FBI investigation for the exact same thing as Kansas. Hagans is named in the FBI investigation, as is ex-player Jarred Vanderbilt.

And the player at the center of the FBI's investigation of Kansas is not De Sousa, it's Zion Williamson. Wonder why he ended up at Duke instead of KU?

Last edited:
I live 30 minutes from Lexington - graduated from there and my son attends there. If we had Bruce Webber as coach, we would win it all

Everyone always wants to beat that old horse. Calipari was found to have done nothing at both schools. Yes they were vacated, but the coach or schools had not a clue what was happening. Rose had his stuff done before he ever stepped foot on Memphis campus. They had him cleared by NCAA before season and during season again . To which they said he was fine ,why keep asking us? But I dont expect anyone outside the program to believe. Watch the 30 for 30 on Cal and get a little different prospective. Duke had the same thing as Camby with Maggette, exactly. But its still an ongoing investigation. 18 years later. You are right there are media and espn darlings , however we arent one of them. We get attention only when they cant deny it. Otherwise just watch the polls and write down how far the teams fall after a loss. We always are about 3 to 6 spots with the exception of the last one. But we did beat the then current number 1.

Hahaha. Kentucky is still under investigation from Nerlens Noel, Adebayo and Knox. Every D-1 school of any note in college basketball launders money to families and guardians and AAU coaches to get recruits. Calipari's been doing it since he was coaching at Kansas. The biggest difference between him and Self is Self trolls the NCAA on purpose. The rules are crooked, there's a cottage industry designed to skate them and everyone knows it.

Hahaha. Kentucky is still under investigation from Nerlens Noel, Adebayo and Knox. Every D-1 school of any note in college basketball launders money to families and guardians and AAU coaches to get recruits. Calipari's been doing it since he was coaching at Kansas. The biggest difference between him and Self is Self trolls the NCAA on purpose. The rules are crooked, there's a cottage industry designed to skate them and everyone knows it.

I have no knowledge of any investigation of Kentucky (I'm a Kansas fan), but I agree that all the big time schools are dirty. College athletics is a HUGE business and the NCAA is joke.

Nick , you are absolutely right. But to say UK is under investigation is just flat out a lie. Show me the documentation Seth. Back it up . But to your point Nick, these players live really good lives at schools. Ours included.

Was on a plane last fall. Sat next to a mother of a former SEC football player (now plays in NFL) from a prominent school down south. I asked her point blank how many players were taking cash payments. “My boy never did, even with multi million dollar contract in the NFL he still drives the same truck he had in high school, but yes, many are cashing in big checks and driving new vehicles and living the high life while in school”.

KU going to come back this second half?

KU going to come back this second half?

Nope. That was an old fashioned butt-whippin'.

As a Jayhawk, that hurt and was tough to watch.

However, as a Kansan, I salute the Wildcats on their Big 12 championship. (Now y'all just go win out and make that a true statement)

If it can't be Kansas, I'm glad it's K-State.

Nope. That was an old fashioned butt-whippin'.

As a Jayhawk, that hurt and was tough to watch.

However, as a Kansan, I salute the Wildcats on their Big 12 championship. (Now y'all just go win out and make that a true statement)

If it can't be Kansas, I'm glad it's K-State.

Painful to watch no doubt, but a glance out the window confirmed that the sun came up this morning. The wheels sure fell off on this season with the injury to Doke, the issues with Vick, Addidas stuff, Grimes not living up to his OAD rep, etc. Think KU could have survived everything but Doke getting injured, as there was essentially no one in the league that is a good match up for him except Konate at WVU and Doke dominated him in the past.

Both KSU and TTU have a core of senior players and I'd like to see Self move away from the OAD prima donnas that more often than not come with baggage and don't play to their potential. Maybe this season will re-energize the coaching staff to focus more on the Agbaji-type players than the McDonald's AA that at times haven't panned out that well. If Danny Manning gets fired at Wake Forest, which seems likely, would love to have him come back as an assistant again.

In a way I'm not really bothered that much by the streak of championships coming to an end. Had to happen some day and I think us Jayhawk fans have become somewhat spoiled over the team's success.

Painful to watch no doubt, but a glance out the window confirmed that the sun came up this morning. The wheels sure fell off on this season with the injury to Doke, the issues with Vick, Addidas stuff, Grimes not living up to his OAD rep, etc. Think KU could have survived everything but Doke getting injured, as there was essentially no one in the league that is a good match up for him except Konate at WVU and Doke dominated him in the past.

Both KSU and TTU have a core of senior players and I'd like to see Self move away from the OAD prima donnas that more often than not come with baggage and don't play to their potential. Maybe this season will re-energize the coaching staff to focus more on the Agbaji-type players than the McDonald's AA that at times haven't panned out that well. If Danny Manning gets fired at Wake Forest, which seems likely, would love to have him come back as an assistant again.

In a way I'm not really bothered that much by the streak of championships coming to an end. Had to happen some day and I think us Jayhawk fans have become somewhat spoiled over the team's success.

Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning, but what is OAD?

I'd hope the Jayhawks would be able to recover from the beatdown at TT and use the Phog to squeak by on this one BUT...

I doubt it. I think this is just K-State's year. The 'Cats are going to be highly motivated to come into Lawrence and continue the beatdown from last week. They are playing very well and I see nothing that will change that.

Not sure what happened in Lubbock (other than TT have an incredible shooting night; 62% on 3s? Awesome.) but I think the Hawks played more smoothly as a team before Garrett came back. I say that even though I like Garrett's defense. It just seems they were playing pretty well as a > TEAM < before he came back. Maybe they just had to adjust to him back in the rotation. I don't know.

Though I'm a Jayhawk, I'm think the 'Cats by 6 to 8. We shall see.

A friend of mine who does gamble on sports took advantage of Bill Self's stats on Big Monday. He is now 29-0 on Big Mondays. Of course, they still had to win by 4 to cover. you are right, they did not seem themselves last night.

Back