Shooting glasses

terrym

After being an eyeglass wearer my entire life I am thinking of trying contact lenses. Both my daughters do and claim much better vision. My problem is I will still want to wear protective glasses while shooting and especially hunting. If I had a dollar for every time my regular glasses saved my eyeballs from scratches I would hunt with a sub gauge Purdy. So, if I end up buying shooting glasses is there a particular color of tint that is better?

I've never tried dedicated shooting glasses but I do wear contacts (once you get use to them you will love them for hunting). I have a pair Oakley's with the polarized lenses and I love them. They are pricey but I use them everyday and love the polarized lenses for hunting.

I wear contacts and oakleys. I have a pair of tan lenses that I wear on all but the brightest of days and really like them. And PM sent

Last edited:
I have been thinking about getting a pair of prescription sunglasses. My eyesight has recently gone downhill. When I am working I wear a pair of smiths and a pair maui jims. Light amber. Like the contrast without going to dark. Brings out the colors too. Have thought about rose...but not sure if I could wear pink sunglasses.

After being an eyeglass wearer my entire life I am thinking of trying contact lenses. Both my daughters do and claim much better vision. My problem is I will still want to wear protective glasses while shooting and especially hunting. If I had a dollar for every time my regular glasses saved my eyeballs from scratches I would hunt with a sub gauge Purdy. So, if I end up buying shooting glasses is there a particular color of tint that is better?

Before going the Contacts route maybe check into lasik surgery, you may be a good candidate and the prices are coming down. Friend had it done and could not be happier. I've worn contacts for over 30 years, but because of my power correction and astigmatism I'm currently not a good candidate for lasik, otherwise I would do it in a heartbeat.

As far as shooting glasses, it really depends on how much you want to spend. I have acquired a couple brands over the last couple decades of shooting clays, Oakley M-Frames and now Randolph Ranger. Both are quality optics that will last darn near forever if you take care of them. They are not cheap $200+ depending on how many lenses you want but they're far superior in optical clarity than the cheap ones you see for sale.

Back