season is ending!

birdybritt529

season is coming to an end! anyone have any trips planned? anyone given up for the year? i have been out over 25 times and am ashamed to say i have only gotten 1 bird all year. so if anyone wants to help me out let me know.

No way have i given up! It is tough out there but me and a couple buddies will be hunting a frozen slough that has been touched in years we are hoping to find birds. i live near hutchinson and usually kill somewhere between 40-50 cocks a season, this year i have shot 12:(

We are down Florida right now for another week so my pheasant season is over. I did bring a dog down though and we are going on a quail hunt on Friday near Okeechobee.

Meeting goldeneye around Canby, MN for a hunt on Friday. Hope to also get out on Saturday and then that will probably be it. Then I'll have to start booking some NSTRA field trials for the spring.

Ill be out west on the border sat. and if i can manage to no drink to much :beer: Sun will cap my season off :D

Hey Mitch, where do you plan to hunt?

Yea i will be heading out probably a few days this weekend. I won't know what to do when the season is done. Thinking of joining a hunting club. Maybe I can teach the dog about ice fishing.

Im done for the year dog scrached her cornea on Monday. With no snow on the ground im pobably going to have to hit up the game farm a few times. I hope everyone else still gets out 1 more time. Good luck.:thumbsup:

2 weekends left for me. Both planning on heading to SE to S Central ND.
Birds aren't plentiful, but they are around.

Chasing Ruffies until New Years

went out today while it was snowing. saw a group of 9 pheasants sitting in the picked corn about a 100 yards from the public land i was hunting. kicked up 1 hen, hit my honey hole and 3 roosters and 2 hens flew away before i could get close, lots of noise in the snow today. ended up with one rooster.

I plan on going out tomorrow or Sunday. Its been nice to have a season again where we can actually hunt until the end of the season.

I found a honey hole on a public trail today too, 3 roosters! and guess what.......I missed all three! This is part of my grieving process.

Back