SD Season just ended in my area!

Dakotazeb

Sure glad I got out the previous two days because the season is definately over now. We are having blizzard conditions. Snow with winds 33 mph and gusts to 41. Temp is 4 degrees with a wind chill of -21, and it's going down. They are now saying by Saturday morning we could get 12-17 inches of snow and with these winds it's going to be really tough on the pheasants. We'll have to pray for a warm up after the first of the year. :(

Sure glad I got out the previous two days because the season is definately over now. We are having blizzard conditions. Snow with winds 33 mph and gusts to 41. Temp is 4 degrees with a wind chill of -21, and it's going down. They are now saying by Saturday morning we could get 12-17 inches of snow and with these winds it's going to be really tough on the pheasants. We'll have to pray for a warm up after the first of the year. :(

thats is cold:(

I guess your sending to us, supposed to be 13 for a high in Kansas City, Sunday, it's 69 degrees now! Too good to be true, and never happens this time of year without a price to pay, usually within 48 hours. Hunt in shirt sleeves today, Mackinaws tommorow!

just left sd this a.m.....just in time! Hunting was terrific, weather was great, company was even better! Buck and Neil, great hunting with you two...happy new year!

Supposed to be over by Pollock next week to shoot a couple does. That could be interesting.

DZ, I'm supposed to be heading out to farm tomorrow from Mpls but maybe not. May have to postpone until Sat. Still like to get a coupe days in and have to winterize the lodge anyways.

Sounds brutal up by you. I heard there was a hundred car pile up near Fargo today.

Be careful!

The little snow we did have, had melted until today. Still planning to hunt New Years day. We are supposed to get 6-12", we haven't gotten much yet. So far maybe 2 inches and a lot of wind. We had a high of 52 yesterday and 55 on Tuesday. It is 5 out right now. This is what the ground looked like before this storm. I got a new trail cam for Christmas had to share:D

016.jpg

Back