Rooster Spurs

Bigj

My dad and I had the day off last Monday for Veterens Day and decided to try for some Pheasants. It has been a tradition for my dad and I to go hunting on veterens day and I love to get out with him on that day since he is a vet himself. We headed east along I70 to check out some of the wia. We were hoping for a little snow but it pretty much ended a little past Limon. We drove by quite a few areas that had little or no cover and then found a nice looking grass field next to a cut corn field north of Stratton. We let the pups out and hunted the field for a couple of hours. We did pretty good. We probably saw 7 roosters and 10 or 11 hens. We got lucky and had 3 roosters hold for the dogs. The rooster I shot was a carry over bird and had long spurs. It looked like it had caps glued on the end of its spurs. I was just wondering if anyone knows what might cause this? My dad and I have never seen spurs like this before.

Good looking pointer you got and cool spurs, got one this weekend with only one spur and it came out the side of the leg... weird stuff.

Nice pic BigJ and it's great that you could get out with your Dad and had some success to boot.
POL

Back