Roll Call

Nephew decided Opening Day was a fine day to get married, so I'll be sitting the first weekend out. Good luck to you all. Post some pics so I can cry in my beer at the reception!

While I didn't get married on opening weekend, my wife's birthday is 11/14. She understands on the years when it conflicts.

Molly, a new dog, and I will be heading our locally on Saturday. Sunday will be on private ground out west.

I'm not sure what the plan is, unfortunately.

With Dad's passing, life has gotten in the way and I'm very behind in terms of even getting out to talk to the farmers I know. I'm hoping we can keep our traditions alive, starting with a chicken fried steak from Cy's, and maybe some walking on Saturday morning. I know Dad would have told us to keep on going so I'm hoping we will hit the countryside. And maybe it'll feel a lot closer to normal.

Nephew decided Opening Day was a fine day to get married, so I'll be sitting the first weekend out. Good luck to you all. Post some pics so I can cry in my beer at the reception!

I got married in November of '11. My wife tried to pick 11/12 as the wedding date. I quickly convinced her that it was not a good idea.

Going to sit out this year with dad being gone. Try to kill a bit big Missouri buck and drink a red beer in dads honor

Going out by myself north and west of Topeka. Most of the family went 'down under' and is getting back today. So we postponed our big trip to Washington county, we will go up in December. I have a WIHA hunting atlas and I am going to knock on some doors. Hunted in that area years ago and usually had some luck. I may be cleaning up some WIHA areas after others have hunted it already, but that is ok.

Just a man and his dog!

Headed to the Great Bend/Hoisington area. Rolling solo this year, due to taking my new 6 month old shorthair. I want to be able to stop and go and be really flexible since it'll be his maiden voyage. Side note, I think I'm going to try and hit up that Beaver Brewery at Mo's Place in Beaver for supper Saturday evening. I've always wanted to go there, but it just has never worked out. Anyone every been there? I've only heard good things. Thanks and good luck to you all. Safe travels and safer hunts.

Headed to the Great Bend/Hoisington area. Rolling solo this year, due to taking my new 6 month old shorthair. I want to be able to stop and go and be really flexible since it'll be his maiden voyage. Side note, I think I'm going to try and hit up that Beaver Brewery at Mo's Place in Beaver for supper Saturday evening. I've always wanted to go there, but it just has never worked out. Anyone every been there? I've only heard good things. Thanks and good luck to you all. Safe travels and safer hunts.

Never been but have wanted to. Think it's best to call ahead?

We are going out Saturday. We're going to try to do it right on Friday night with a chicken fried steak from Cy's Hoof and Horn in Sedgwick.

Yep was Plainville last week bowhunting and then Bison last weekend. It was sloppy Friday and cold as all get out Saturday morning. Shot a few birds and the new lab Josie is a winner!
View attachment 8696

She looks good,,,, I got mine out yesterday,, snow pushed some birds into plum thickets, not enough to flip the switch yet,, but she got a nose full a few times. Pretty picture you took there

Back