Roll Call

gsh lover

Ok boys, who's all going and what part of the State.
7 of us heading out Friday, sleeping in Dodge City. Hunting on the same section of land for the 36th year. All grass with row crop on three sides of it.
Can't wait

Staying in Dodge hunting N. Of Ingalls. Family , new trip to me. Don't really know what to expect. Gonna take up my position as one of the elders. Probably end a blocker.

Staying in Dodge hunting N. Of Ingalls. Family , new trip to me. Don't really know what to expect. Gonna take up my position as one of the elders. Probably end a blocker.

Something to be said for being an elder. Watch your shooters, took some friendly fire last weekend in SD. Two off the hunting vest and one broke the skin on the thumb. Did get a free steak dinner out of it. :) Good luck and be safe.

Something to be said for being an elder. Watch your shooters, took some friendly fire last weekend in SD. Two off the hunting vest and one broke the skin on the thumb. Did get a free steak dinner out of it. :) Good luck and be safe.

There will be about a dozen of us there. Unless I take mine , which I probably won't , we will be dogless. It's been a long time since I had to turn my back to a shot. I will be picking up a pair of safety glasses for sure.

Five of us. Three adults, two kids. Will Hunt east of dodge. Public and private. Good luck everyone!

Probably bow hunt and hit up the KSU FB and VB games. I took next week off so, like usual, I'll give you guys opening weekend to educate the birds before I take over. :cheers:

Heading to the Happy Hunting Ground in Sheridan and Graham Cos. Will lock and load and head the wagon west on Thursday to scout some spots. Good luck to all.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Appointment with a kickoff on Saturday in Manhattan, but we'll head out on Sunday. 6 of us to a mix of public and private in central Kansas.

17th-18th will be our big weekend trip. Calling it our "not-opening" weekend trip. Our group will be about 10. Also a mix of public and private, but much further west.

Can't stand the big groups of opening weekend. Going duck hunting with my son around home this weekend. Couple buddies and I and their 3 dogs are going near Abilene and Russell next Friday and Saturday.

Dad, bro in law, myself, nephew, and a couple buddies will be waiting our turn at various WIHA's on the opener.

My 9 year old shorthair is on her downhill slide, have a year and half old shorthair that is turning into a good dog, and will leave the 3 month old pup at home for this trip. Hoping to get him out before the season ends though and onto some birds. Did a bunch of clay shooting over the weekend and he spent the whole time in front of the guns chasing the busted clays as they fell from the air.

Dad, bro in law, myself, nephew, and a couple buddies will be waiting our turn at various WIHA's on the opener.

My 9 year old shorthair is on her downhill slide, have a year and half old shorthair that is turning into a good dog, and will leave the 3 month old pup at home for this trip. Hoping to get him out before the season ends though and onto some birds. Did a bunch of clay shooting over the weekend and he spent the whole time in front of the guns chasing the busted clays as they fell from the air.

Heading out to the West side this weekend with my dad and two buddies, plus my 6 month old GSP who won't be running free this year. Just like your pup cheesy, took mine clay shooting and he couldn't stop bringing me busted clays or pointing on full clays that took odd hops off the ground. He's nearly ready, but rather just use this weekend to get him excited and used to the smells, sights, and sounds for when he will actually have to do work.

Fly in from Pennsylvania tomorrow. Stay at cousins South of Olathe till Friday, then head west of Quinter. Started in ‘93 and haven’t missed a year yet. Birds or no birds! Good luck to all and safe hunting.

My granddad hunted around Quinter in the 50s and 60s. Had to give the landowner their tail feathers so he could enter them in a local contest. Wish that was what it cost these days...

My granddad hunted around Quinter in the 50s and 60s. Had to give the landowner their tail feathers so he could enter them in a local contest. Wish that was what it cost these days...

I remember the days of the tail feather contests still in the ‘90’s. Don’t know if they still do that anymore.

Nephew decided Opening Day was a fine day to get married, so I'll be sitting the first weekend out. Good luck to you all. Post some pics so I can cry in my beer at the reception!

Back