Rivers West 'Pointer' H2P Dog Vest

-Wildcat-

Super Moderator
Anyone own one? Been looking around for a few weeks trying to find a vest that is tailored more for the body type of a pointer. Short of making one myself (which basically means telling mom what I'm looking for and letting her give it a shot... lol), this is the best thing I could find. Worth the $$ to order one, or no?

Haven't seen or tried one but read the reviews on Amazon...seems to be liked by most. If you purchase, let us know how it is.

Will do. Even if I have to make a few modifications, I'll have a template to start with. I remember how to thread a needle and have super glue :D

I have it in small for my GSP (she's 41 lbs). Personally, I think its the best vest on the market in terms of design. Keeps my dog protected and warm.

I wish they made a version of it for warm weather days.

Couple of pictures of my GSP wearing it below, the Vizsla is wearing a Ruffwear vest:

1476223_10104374458347340_324301646_n.jpg

1505071_10104033377461170_2134559833_n.jpg

That does seem to fit really well, thanks for the pics! Decided to just order a skid plate for now, as it seems this pup runs hot. The manufacturer says for use under 40, and don't want to wear her down with unnecessary heat. Will probably pick one up in a few weeks however. My old retired gsp is about twice as big as this little stinker is!

I just received two earlier this week. Put them on my dogs and they seemed to like it and fit them well. Will see how they hold up in the snow and grass

I just bought one last month and used it for the first time last weekend on my GWP. The fit is nice and so far has held up well. He was running through crp grass, corn stubble and a few plum thickets and no rips or tears. He is about 58 pounds and I bought the large size and it fits him good. He has a thin coat and i didn't notice any chaffing around his legs. It also helped me spot my dog when he was in thick cover.

photo_zpsec5a94e2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
I just received my vest purchased off that "big box" internet retailer with free shipping to boot.

The vest is nicely made and while it is fleece - it should provide ample protection against most things a dog encounters. If you desired - a small piece of cordura nylon could be sewn onto the front of this vest.

My older Britt suffered a major split tear in her skin (lower chest near her front leg). This is the only vest (or skid plate) tried that covered the wound.

She is 38 - 41 pounds depending on activity (all solid muscle). The vest fit well. It does not appear to impact range of motion.

Last edited:
Typically do not use dog jackets for by dogs, but needed to protect her bad cut on the front of her chest. It is fully healed, but the fur has not regrown. It protects well. Does not rub or chafe under her front legs. Her mobility in the field was normal.

On point in Western MN.

She weighs just under 40 pounds.

Last edited:
My Braque du Bourbonnais wears one when it's cold (no undercoat) when he's outside with me or in the rig when it's cold and he's not active. I bought a large & it fits fairly well, accommodating his deep chest. When hunting, Hank wears a medium skid plate on which I extended the straps a little.

Back