Rising Costs

It's all a matter of prospectives. I can remember when gas on the street was $.25 a gal and I got it off of a company I worked for at cost of$.19 a gal. But than I was making $1.40 an hour. So when it gets over 10, I'll start complaining, but still will go hunting.

Ignace Ontario, per liter in Canadian dollars

Attachments

• 5E0E2A3C-9000-474B-91DA-C62E5E6E99B2.jpeg
    5E0E2A3C-9000-474B-91DA-C62E5E6E99B2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Great idea. Drive hundreds of miles to fill up, and then burn it all up driving back home. I think you're missing the big picture.
Jesus it’s a joke! But somebody from South Carolina or Georgia or Alabama , the regular visitors here , half a tank a day driving around . 20 cents a gallon cheaper gas over another hunting state 5 day trip would pay for an out of state hunting license.
Lol I am an idiot, that’s only 2 dollars a day. But dang people take things too seriously sometimes

Last edited:
20 cents a gallon cheaper gas over say some place like Iowa.
Of course its cheaper to buy the gas there if you are there. But driving in from another state JUST to buy gas that's 20 cents cheaper completely moots the point of actually saving money because you spent all that gas driving to get there and back, right?

People drive around town looking for cheaper gas but they don't realize they're wasting gasoline doing it, rendering the point of doing it completely useless.

Of course its cheaper to buy the gas there if you are there. But driving in from another state JUST to buy gas that's 20 cents cheaper completely moots the point of actually saving money because you spent all that gas driving to get there and back, right?

People drive around town looking for cheaper gas but they don't realize they're wasting gasoline doing it, rendering the point of doing it completely useless.
But the further down your tank is the more you buy, the more you buy the more you save.

I was just a young guy tagging dad around the farm. A feed salesman was out getting new business and told dad “the more you buy, the cheaper it is”. Dad told him to keep bringing it until it was free.

“These days, I just end up sitting at holidays, eating food making it uncomfortable for everyone else/not talking, drinking beer and not saying a damn word about anything.”

As a parent with kids I don’t always agree with I hope you find a different way to interact with family.
I hear you. Got the same situation here. Except I drink Whiskey.

I have a 2020 Tacoma. 18 in town 20-21 on hwy. I don't have a truck or house payment so I don't worry about it to much. It's the damn auto insurance I hate paying. $250 per month for 3 vehicles. Then the property tax is close to $1000 per year on my truck.
Property tax on truck?

Yep the hammer you in Kansas. It was more than that when I bought it in 2020.
Just had a discussion today about the fact you have to collect sales tax on labor in Kansas. Makes it tough to be a contractor trying to keep track of all the taxes.

I'm building a new house right now as a retirement gift to my wife. We cancelled it last year because of material costs. I won't dispute that gas is high, but $16.59 for a 2x6 stud, 77.96 per sheet for floor sheathing, $25.62 for a 2x6 16 . Well, you get the picture..

I'm building a new house right now as a retirement gift to my wife. We cancelled it last year because of material costs. I won't dispute that gas is high, but $16.59 for a 2x6 stud, 77.96 per sheet for floor sheathing, $25.62 for a 2x6 16 . Well, you get the picture..
Are those prices this year or last year ?

I pumped 0.19 gas when in high school. The town had a gas war, remember those ?

Three full service stations in town, now there isn‘t a place to buy gas in town.

Back