RIP Maggie 4/2000-4/2015

We had a great 15 year run but it finally came to an end on March 10th. After a week I thought I'd be able post something without getting choked up...guess I was wrong. It's so damn hard to do it but it's the right thing to do for your beloved partner that's in pain and suffering.

I picked Maggie up from Bob Merkel's Wrenegade Kennels in May 2000 and we never looked back. She made me look like a pro trainer. She had the drive, nose and never stop attitude. She was a veteran of 12 South Dakota campaigns, and 2-3 trips per week during Illinois upland season. I could always count on her to find birds in fields that armies of people had already covered... She was money. She was also a great family member who grew up with my kids and neighbors.

I told my Dad we're having a memorial hunt this year in SD in her honor. We have spot in Plankinton that we're going to spread her ashes and give her 4 shot salute in her memory.

My other dog is a 4 year old lab that dearly misses her sister. You can tell she's in a funk. I know time heals all wounds but I'm so thankful for the 15 year partnership we had.

I'll plan on posting a couple of pics too.

Thanks,

Last edited:
15 years is a long time filled with great memories I'm sure----seems to me you were blessed with a great hunting companion and she was blessed with the same. Time will heal the hurt ---just remember all those special moments.

Jim

15 years is a good run. Always sad to see it end Being a Wrenegade dog, I know exactly how you feel about what great hunting partners they are.
Condolences.

Her long life proves what a good life you gave her. Nothing like a new pup or dog to beat the gone dog blues.

Do you have the photos hosted on the internet somewhere, like shutterfly . I think that's the starting point.

Can someone give me a heads up on how to upload photos? It keeps on saying upload failed but pic size is well below limits

I use photobucket and have for years... you can PM me for my email and I'd be happy to post a few up for you as well. :)

BD,

Sorry to hear of your loss, it never easy to say goodbye to your hunting buddy. Just know that Maggie is up there hunting with all her kin who have proceeded her. RIP Maggie!

Can someone give me a heads up on how to upload photos? It keeps on saying upload failed but pic size is well below limits

Yeah, somethin's not working right. JPG files can be up to 1.91 MB and I just tried to upload one of mine that is much... smaller and it wouldn't take it either. Upload your pic to Photobucket and then copy the IMG code and paste it in your post here.

By the way. Very sorry to hear about your dog. She's in a better place where there is no pain or suffering.

Last edited:
There are no words my friend, we have all felt your pain and will feel it again someday. Thoughts with you and your family.

Always tough to lose our best friends and family members! Sorry for your loss! I know time is getting closer for my eldest GSP. She has addisons disease and over the last 6 months has become littered with growths all over and has trouble breathing. My vet thinks maybe a year. I will enjoy every bit of time she has left.

All, I truly appreciate the condolence and thoughts. I still catch myself asking where Maggie is when I walk in to my other dog. Old habits are hard to break. I think I figure out the picture posting stuff. My youngest is still hounding me for a pup.

Back