Remington Versa Maxx

I have not got to shoot one of them yet, but i have talked to one who has.

the low down is stay away from them. they have trouble cycling when you start with 2 3/4" then going to 3 or 3 1/2 and going back. what happens is when you shoot the short shell the powder will kinda be in the way of the ports then when you shoot the bigger shell it packs the powder in the port so when the shorter is shot again the ports that are needed to cycle the action are blocked.

i was hoping it was really what is was all it was advertised to be. but i am disappointed in Remington with this release. Guess i will be sticking with the trusty 870 for now.

while i wondered about this issue. lets say it was just an isolated deal. over looking that thou a huge issue how did they like the gun hows it compare in weight to say the 1100 or other guns?

if this issue is calmen place I'm out and still on the hunt for a new gun. the biggest thing i liked about the gun was the weather ability of it. no matter how much oil i have put on my 1100's the two field guns have rust spots all over them. they spend 60+ days afield yearly that being said they have let me down twice in 5 years and i purchased them both used and have done nothing more then clean and oil them. i'm getting old and have damaged both shoulders and just want a gun that will hold up the the weather and be lighter. i would love to go with an over and under but guiding there ways to may times i have to pick up more then two birds that have been hit with pour shots. never will under stand the ideal of pay a ton of money to hunt but never practicing.

Serous, What's the deal? they said they would be released in oct. It's now November and no guns. Not a single person I can find has ever fired one. I call BS!!!! it's starting to look like the CT105 all over again. Production and reliability problems and they can't let them go. VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had high hopes for this gun.

Did Remington steal the Benelli gun engineers ?? man looks like just like a SBE don't get wrong I like remington shotguns but wow that looks like a Bennlli product.

Do yourself a favor and don't buy any new shotgun (or rifle) that says Remington on it. Since Cerberus Holdings bought Remington their quality control is in the tank. It's a shame that a once great company can go down so fast.

If you want a nice/light/working auto buy a Browning Maxus.

I picked up the Browning Maxus like the gun light felt good. How ever it olny comes in 3-3.5" setup. The outfitter pays my shells so long as I'm shooting a 2.75". So the maxus is a no go for me

The Maxus shoots 2.75" shells just fine...you should have no problem

I'll second the comments on the Browning Maxus. I bought one before the 2009 season and sold my 12G A5 (not Belgium) later in the year. I had hunted with the A5 for 20 years. At 7 lbs, the Maxus feels like a featherweight compared to my 8.5 lb A5. I've shot 1 oz loads to 1.75 oz loads through it with never a hitch. Skeet, trap, sporting clays, dove, pen-raised and wild pheasants--I love it. It is true that if you get the camo version, you have to be careful when you set it down in the field. It's pretty embarrassing when you have to tell your hunting partner to hold up because you can't find your gun.
PairOfLabs

Jester, my 3" Maxus cycled 7/8 oz clays loads (2 3/4") all summer just fine, and is shooting 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 oz (2 3/4") loads OK now. Not to worry!

Unfortunately, most of the "sales clerks" behind the counter of most shops now are likely more versed in tennis shoes than guns or ammo. It makes it tough for newbees to find out what works and what doesn't.

I've got the Beretta A400. I went with 26" barrel and the Kick-Off. I really like it and have shot everything from the cheap promo Wally World target loads to 3.5" T shot for geese. I haven't had a problem with it at all. Only thing is that it might just be too pretty for the duck blind.

I've got the Beretta A400. I went with 26" barrel and the Kick-Off. I really like it and have shot everything from the cheap promo Wally World target loads to 3.5" T shot for geese. I haven't had a problem with it at all. Only thing is that it might just be too pretty for the duck blind.

I haven't shot one, but that thing is awesome... really light and points well, also available with KO. It's a beautiful gun, can't believe they would make it in 3.5 and no options in camo.

Oh my God, your carrying an 1100 in the field? I did that with mine just a couple times. It's got a turkey choke in it now and only comes out each spring.
Try finding a deal on a Benelli Montefeltro. They are light, and fit well with their stock shim kit. I love mine.

I second all of the above!

Back