Recent hunt in Kansas

charles

I ususally hunt the Great Bend Kansas area, but this year I was not very successful hunting in this area. Pretty disappointing after driving all the way form central kentucky. Don't know how much affect the dry weather had on the hunt, of if it was the fact that we were hunting much later in the year. looking for some help with answers if anyone can help. thanks.

As I stated in a prior post, the majority of your issue is a combination of the lack of moisture on the ground, and the unusual warm weather (which isn't really "unusual" because it happens here all the time).

I'm heading that general direction Monday afternoon, and will likely face the same difficulty. Hunting late season roosters in these conditions is quite the challenge.

moisture makes a very big differece, i was hunting around ellinwood the 2nd weakend of season, when moisture conditions were a little better and only 4 of us and we did really well on a 2 day hunt.

Right now it is so dry in Kansas that even when you fart you can't smell it.

Well, it is so dry, that just yesterday I saw a fire hydrant chasing a dog.

I heard even the catfish have ticks.

You guy's are getting nothing from the storm that we are supposed to get over the New Years Holidy? One more storm and it will look pretty much like last year in Eastern SD.

Back