Rain,Rain,Rain

My wife told me this morning that on the news they said that Ft. Carson has received 15 inches of rain this week, at Schriver AFB they have a 2 hour delay if you live west of I think 21st street. I guess that is so you can get your boat out to make it in :eek:

Officially land locked now! Closed I-25 from Wyoming to Denver. Can't go do nothing!

9.51 inches in 3.5 hours at fort carson....WOW

That is just un real. Thats how much rain we recieve in a year during a drought. :eek: You guys are flooding and we're burning.:( I hope everyone gets some good weather soon.

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise, enough of the fires so perhaps, just maybe perhaps this is the end of the drought and the beginning of a more normal cycle of precipation, both snow and rain.

I always try to put a positive spin on things. :D

God bless all those effected, especially those who have lost their lives, which is terrible. My family and I have been through several natural disasters and it is one of those things that comes with territory, so to speak. We lived through an F-5 in OKC, blizzard here in CO back in 1997, Volcanoe up in Anchorage in 1992, wildfires here, and when I was a kid hurricanes down in Houston.

It sucks, however we as Americans and Coloradans are survivors and strong people. :thumbsup:

Lets hope for a good, snowy, wet winter, just not anything to terrible ;)

Greg

Greg, if you remember where I took you and Colton duck hunting the house is flooded with at least and 3 foot of water and Stretches to where we Dove hunted. Looks to be about a mile wide their now and still has not crested. Many farms are under water.:(

i never thought i'd phrase it this way, but in Commerce City we've only gotten 6-7 inches this week. looks like there's more to come though. i sure hope everything's getting better for you guys up north.

I live just off Hwy 34, but the river is about a mile to the South of me.

Bleu,
Do you have your blow up rubber ducks for bouyancy in case the water comes closer:) all kidding aside I hope all is well there with you. be safe.

Be safe out there.

Had a power outage at work in Longmont. Computers and server farm went down, couldn't find a way to get into Longmont from Brighton ... HWY 7 closed, HWY 52 closed, 119 closed. I tried all of my back roads ... they were all flooded with either standing water or raging orange/brown soup. Fortunately my co-worker, who lives in Longmont, was able to get in and restart everything.

I will be glad when this is all over.

Flew back to CO from Phili this morning. Came in from the northeast. I was stunned to see all of the water covering land where there should not be any water. If you are facing a difficult situation, I hope you recover quickly.

We are well above the River here. Have some friends that lived up the Canyon that I am worried about and a couple friends near LaSalle. Tried to call and phone said no longer in service. Just hope they were not stubborn and stayed. Looks like 17 miles of Hwy 34 up the Canyon will have to be rebuilt. Hard to imagine that elevated portion is gone. Once the water got down and spread out and other waterways started coming together out in flatter terrain it affected a bunch of farms and lower communities. I have seen the Big T run high and go out of it's banks and the Platte as well. But the highest I have ever seen the Platte was up to the garage and barns of my friends place. His house has at least 3-4 feet up on the siding now and the water still goes another 1/2 mile South beyond his place. As the water keeps going out East it is going to flood it's way through Nebraska. We are expecting a cold front tommorrow night bringing with it another 1.5 to 3 inches of rain through Sunday. Everyone hang on.

rain stuff

got up this morning with the intention of taking my new gun for a walk and just maybe shoot a dove or two, wrong, hwy. 34 was closed from greeley to wiggins. and from here there is hardly a way to get to there. so here i am back on this forum, what excitement. had planned on going to the brush area

cheers

I was supposed to head up to the high country for some grouse hunting today. We were planning to go up I70 Friday afternoon/evening but heard reports that it was a parking lot starting at Idaho Springs. Cancelled our trip and will be doing some yard work and unpacking. :( I can't complain though, all of the flood damage puts things in perspective.

On a positive note, the new house is only 10 minutes from Colorado Clays and about 30 minutes from RMTSDC training grounds in Strasburg. Went to Strasburg last night to run the big blue guy around. It was nice to see that the cover on some CRP land was at least knee high.

Bleu,
In the paper here this morning it showed a part of highwy 34 and it wasn't pretty, showed it to my wife and told her about how close I though you might be to this and we both hope you are a distance away and that you will not be inpacted by it. I really feel sorry for those who are impacked by this devestation and hope the rain ends soon. Prayers out to those who are out of their houses.
The Gov was on tv and it was a joke what he had to say in my opinion and the lt. gov. was in the springs yesterday and his 1 minute speech showed his concern.

hickenlooper said if it had been snow ,we would have got 100 inches.
I guess prayin' to break the drought worked pretty good.
just heard some more flash flood warnings about an hour ago
i'm going to the neighbors hot spot tomorrow he says is full of blue grouse and turkeys, "covered up" as they say
we'll see.be careful out there

damage

the really sad thing, by the way, i'm high and dry, is that the people that are hurt the most are those that can afford it the least and lack the support system that many of us have. my problem is that i have a brand new gun and can't go use it, pretty small compared to some others. been planning on taking bogey, now nearing 15 1/2 up on the grassland and letting go my last two pheasants and give him a thrill

cheers

5-7 more days of air lifting people out and bringing food and water as they come in. At least they are that smart. A lady was swept away where I have had permission to fly fish and presumed dead. It is called Cedar Cove and there are a several homes real close to the water and more up a little, but I don't think it mattered there. I hope It was not the family I know. Hard to get info at this time. Wife is upset because we were married at Sylvan Dale Ranch and we have seen some pic's and checked facebook and a lot of it is gone and the river cut a new channel there. Some of the buildings are still standing and no one was hurt and all the horses and animals are o.k. But it was a beautiful place and in a few years it will be again. They are hiking in supplies. What is ironic is the City bought a bunch of the property that was hit back in 1976. They started selling some lots 2-3 years ago and I was thinking about getting one for a cabin. Now I will never live right on a river that is below a Canyon and if I live near a river it will be 100 feet above it. Water is slowly moving towards Morgan and Brush, then Sterling and Julesburg. Plenty of farms and houses in the way, so more will be effected.
Platte was almost 5 feet higher then the previous record. 350 people are un accounted for here in Larimer County. Most, I am sure just have not been able to call anyone and are o.k. we sure hope so!!! Thanks for everyones Prayers. It will be a long recovery for a lot of people. Glad we live where we do( UP HIGH) Poudre fared better. At least the Road did. One or 2 spots and I think they can get up and over to North Park and Steamboat.

Bleu,
Thanks for the report and glad to hear you and the wife are well. It will take awhile for things to get back to where they were before this all started.

Back